Chapter 13 - Date Night

Sorry haven't updated in so long, but here you go! :)

Clarissa P.O.V.

As my favorite girls in the world pushed me down the hall towards guy's voices, I couldn't help but think about this whole situation from a different perspective. A runaway, strange Shadowhunter that is sometimes possessed by a demon, is going on a date with a golden Greek God. Yup, that sounds pretty weird.

We approach the left turn that sets us at the top of the stairs, as well as in the view of the boys, and my nervousness finally steps in and I freeze.

"It's going to be fine, Clary." Izzy says reassuringly, squeezing my hand.

"You look beautiful." Val says, smiling sweetly up at me. 

"Make that guy drop to his knees." Sera says in all seriousness.

"I love you guys." I say, thanking them for everything. 

Then without warning they pushed me into view at the top of the stairs. I stumble and almost fall, but luckily I catch myself, making a mental note to scream at them later.

Refusing to look down the stairs just yet, I glare at the spot where the girls are, only to see that they are nowhere in sight.

I mentally groan and look down the stairs, where I see solely Jace, looking up at me with a smirk plastered on his face. My breath hitches under his gaze, and I slowly look him over, from his chiseled face to his black t-shirt and simple jeans. I noticed he had on a Shadowhunter leather jacket, and when I finally got back to his face I saw he was also assessing my outfit.

"Hi." I say, slightly breathless, and begin wobbling my way slowly down the stairs in the death trap heels Iz made me wear.

Once I was on ground level with him, he put his hand out to me and actually smiled.

I timidly took it, and he pulled me to him close.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

"Don't look too bad yourself." I say smirking and pull away from him. 

"My lady." He said, sticking his arm out, smirking. 

"You're such a gentleman." I say sarcastically before taking his arm.

We exited the house and began walking in silence. 

Once we were about half way to the restuarant Magnus supposodly reserved for us, I huffed. "They're so getting payback for this." I muttered before looking up at his amused face. "Did the guys overreact as much as the girls?" I ask.

He chuckled softly. "If practically forcing me to wear the 'perfect outfit' and pick out the 'most outstanding place' counts."

I smile. "Yah. They dragged me around the whole mall for hours before we finally found 'the dress.'" I use air quotations as I giggle softly. 

By the time we had made it to the fancy restaurant, I was full-out laughing from Jace's jokes. And it felt... good. Nice. Perfect.

We were lead to a completely private room on the top floor where it had a view of the city. I wasn't sure if I should scream at my siblings and friends or thank them or hug the death out of them. 

Jace pulled out the chair for me, making me smirk. He sat down, and we stared at each other for a long while before I coughed. "So..." I said, glancing down at my menu. "What do you want to eat?"

"How does tomato soup with a side of mangos sound?" He asks in all seriousness.

I gave him a look that screamed 'Are you freaking serious?' while he just shrugged. 

Seraphina P.O.V.

I watched with my sister and Izzy, all of us with huge smiles on our faces, from our secret hiding place as Clary left the house with Jace.

"I ship them so hard." I squeal, jumping out of hiding, my white hair blowing everywhere around me. 

"I think we can all agree with that." The voice of Magnus said, him and the boys coming out of their hiding place too. 

"I'm not totally sure." Jon said, sighing. "Clary may seem tough, but she is actually fragile. I worry that he might break her heart."

I went up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "They'll be fine." I say reassuringly. "I have a hunch that this'll end up just fine."

BACK TO CLARY - TIME SKIP

"Do you want dessert?" The waiter asked, mainly looking at Jace. She was a slutty-looking thing, with blonde hair and a makeup-caked face, along with the fact that she kept pulling down her uniform shirt and pulling up her skirt.

"No thanks." I said a little harshly. It's not that I didn't want dessert, I love sugar because like, who doesn't? But I don't want this slut looking at MY Jace. Wait. When did I start calling him mine?

She turned to glare at me before turning back to him. "What about you?"

"I'm good." He said, not sparing her a second glance, his golden eyes focused on me. 

Once we were back outside and a whiles distance away from the restaurant, Jace stopped and turned to me. "You know you're cute when your jealous." He said, putting a hand to my cheek. His eyes were sparkling in the light of the night, his smile genuine.

I blushed. "Don't know what you're talking about."

He grinned. "I think you do. But don't worry, I only want you. I promise you that I won't even look at those whores. You're the only one for me."

We looked at each other with dreamy eyes, until something finally struck me. I'm a monster. And he's a golden god. How could he possibly want me? I'm dangerous, a threat to everybody.

I shook his hand away, taking a step away. "Why?" I ask, my eyes glassy.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his eyes worried.

"Why do you want me?" I stared into his eyes. "I'm a monster. I have killed dozens, if not hundreds. I have stolen, and lied. I'm the offspring of someone insane. Why would you even want to see me?" My eyes were filled with tears now, but I was determined to not let them fall. 

"Clary." He said, his eyes worried. 

I began to walk away, towards home, when he grabbed my wrist, his grip like iron. He pushed me against a wall, trapping me, and put a hand to my chin, forcing me to look at him. 

"Clarissa Adele Morgenstern." He said, his voice firm and affectionate. "Never think like that." He said forcefully. "What happened to you wasn't your fault. It's not you fault your dad was crazy, not your fault you've had so much pressure over the years raising three kids, not your fault you mysteriously got powers, and NOT your fault that a demon attacked you and did what he did to you." 

He stared into my eyes and I stared back. His eyes were filled with the thing she's been seeing for a while now, and only now understands what it is: love. 

"Clary," He said, slightly breathless. "You are perfect. Amazing. Beautiful. Brave. You ran away when you were a child to protect your family. You supported them and trained them, and gave them love." He looked perfect, in the light of the moon and stars. "You are the most amazing person I know. And I love you, Clarissa."

I looked at him with tear-filled eyes. A few streamed down, causing him to wipe them away affectionately. "I love you too, Jace."

And the space between us was shattered, and his lips were on mine, hot and firey and full of love.