46 : Purge

Chapter Theme : All Time Low - Kids in the dark

Mom had a tight grip on the steering wheel as she drove. She had a hard expression on her face as if she was holding in so much anger. She didn't speak a single word, didn't even throw me a glance. She just kept on wiping her tears that never seemed to stop dripping from her eyes.

I hated her, but seeing her cry in silence still broke my heart.

I took a deep breath and sighed the pain and confusion away. For awhile there, I really thought things were finally getting better... I guess not.

 Mom and I were silent the entire ride. Agonizingly silent. Kung hindi lang talaga mababali ang buto ko, siguro tumalon na ako palabas ng tumatakbong sasakyan.

I wanted to fetch my phone from my sling bag but I knew if Mom would see it, she'll just take it away. I would lose the only thing that would save me from the nightmare of a family.

I couldn't believe how Dad just gave me up like that. And I couldn't believe how Mom would suddenly return just to ruin everything. I guessed right then that I would lose Grandpa too. The only consolation in my mind was the fact that at least, I still have Magno plus our friends... and Slade too.

The car stopped. I didn't wait for Mom. I got off the car but to my surprise I found myself standing in an unfamiliar sidewalk, standing right in front of a house that I haven't seen before. I was too caught up with my own thoughts that I had no idea whether we're still in Filimon Heights or not.

Mom got off the car and opened the gate. All I could do was follow.

When we got inside the house, I saw furniture but it felt like nobody lived there. 

"Why aren't we at Grandpa's?" My voice came out cold and hard.

"Your room is the first door upstairs. Until I can process your papers, we're going to live here." Mom replied coldly as well. Her eyes still burning in anger. 

"Process my papers?" I grinned sarcastically, the fire building up inside me. "What do you think you're trying to do?" My eyebrow raised as I glared at her.

"I'm taking you with me to Spain. To hell be with what your Grandpa says!" Mom raised her voice as tears streamed down her face again. "God! I can't believe you, Reika! Pagkatapos ng ginawa sa atin ng Daddy mo?!" Dinuro niya ako kaya naikuyom ko ang kamaong nanginginig.

"Ni Daddy?" A gasped sarcastically. "Wow! Way to put the blame on Dad when in fact, you were just as fucked up as him!" I snickered as I clapped slowly. "I hate to break it to you but you were just as bad as him. Swerte ko sa mga magulang diba?"

Mom's eyes widened as she looked at me in disbelief.

"Oh come on, don't play the victim here." I shook my head and smirked. "If there's a victim here, ako 'yon. Why didn't you just abort me when you had the chance? Why didn't you guys use a damn con--" Mom's palm landed hard on my cheek.