61 : If we break up

Chapter Theme: Trade Mistakes - Panic! At the disco

It was school break, everyone was enjoying their time off from school. Some went home to their hometowns while the rest of us remained in the humble city of Filimon Heights. Normally, I'd leave and go on vacation with Gramps but on that year, it was different. 

Mom was on her second trimester while Slade just undergone his first surgery. Leaving them just to go on some luxury vacation was never an option. Still, I was torn. It felt like I was playing Magno's old stupid game called Choosing Goose. Whether I'd choose to stay in Filimon Heights to take care of Mom and Slade, or leave just to spend time with Gramps.

As much as possible, I wanted to spend time with everyone. I tried to compromise. I begged Grandpa to just stay in Filimon Heights so he could be with us, but he chose not to. And that's when I realized something... that some people just can't let bygones be bygones. Unfortunately, one of them is Gramps.

"It's okay. Hindi galit si Gramps sa'yo." Magno assured me as we sat by the shore, holding our burgers and drinks stealthily. We distanced ourselves from the crashing waves, afraid for our shoes to get wet.

It was 2 in the afternoon but the sky was a little dark. The air was strong and cold. It wasn't really a good time to go to the beach but I had to get some fresh air considering everything that was going on in my life during that time—I was worried about Mom's pregnancy, Slade was being so pessimistic with his condition again, Dad still hasn't adjusted to the thought of Slade being my boyfriend, I was worried about Apollo's sudden disappearance, Silver was going through something and wouldn't even talk to me about it, and Gramps felt so distant— So much was bugging me but fortunately, I had Magno to confide on.

I let out a big sigh. "I just don't get it. Akala ko kasi okay na. We talked things through. Kailan ba talaga niya matatanggap sina Mommy at Daddy? I mean, does he even care about my upcoming baby Brother?"

"Wait you're having a brother?" Magno chuckled. "Damn, talo ako sa pustahan namin ni Tron."

I glared at him, trying to get him to stay at our topic.

He let out a sigh as well. "Ano ba kasing ginawa niya at iniisip mong galit siya sa'yo?"

"He didn't do anything... but that's it, he never did anything. He keeps on calling and checking up on me but he never asks about Mom and Dad. Heck, he never even asked about my brother. Para ngang hindi niya nga alam na magkakaroon siya ng bagong lalakeng apo." I scratched my head angrily. "I love Gramps but nakakainis na. Why can't he just forget about everything, stay and be a family? Ganoon ba kahirap tanggapin ang pamilya namin?"

Magno patted my head using the bottom of his canned drink since his hand was busy holding it. "Grandpa is Grandpa. Iba lang talaga ang mga pinaniniwalaan at pinaninindigan niya.  I tried figuring him out too but sumakit lang ang ulo ko. Pero alam mo anong nasisiguro ko?"