Stupid Girls

"Come Sansa, it's time." I say as I knock on her door. She opens the door and takes my hand. We walk

down to the Red Keep to see Joffrey off.

"Sansa, Lyanna surely you are going to join the other noble ladies in Maegor's holdfast?" My uncle Tyrion asks.

"We are my lord" Sansa replies, "but King Joffrey sent for me to see him off."

"Always a romantic," I joke.

"I will pray for your safe return," Sansa tells my uncle.

"You will?" he questions in a way that makes me think he likes that she cares about him.

"Just as I pray for the kings"

Not the best complement, considering I know she is not pray for Joffrey's return. Poor girl.

"Stay safe Lyanna,"

"And you uncle."

"Sansa come here" Joffrey calls. "Your kings rides off for battle. You should see him off with a kiss. My

new blade"

He proudly shows off his new sword which will probably will never see a drop of blood. Considering he's

never actually fought anyone with a real sword before.

"Hearteater, I've named it. Kiss it." He hold it out to Sansa who nervously bend over and places a kiss on

the blade of the sword. "You'll kiss it again when I return and taste my uncles blood."

"Will you slay him yourself?" I question.

"Only if he is fool enough to come near me."

"So you'll be fighting outside the gates in the vanguard?" Sansa asks. I didn't know she knew anything

about fighting.

"A king doesn't discuss battle plans with stupid girls." He responds frustrated.

"Im sorry, your grace. Youre right im stupid. Of course you'll be fighting in the vanguard. They say my

brother Robb always goes where the fighting is thickest. And he's only a pretender."

"Your brothers time will come." I could see Joffrey getting annoyed with Sansa mocking him. "Then you can lick his blood off hearteater too."

He storms off and his guards follow behind him. A part of me hopes that he doesn't come back. It would save a lot of people. It would save Sansa.

"Some of those boys will never come back." I say to Sansa as we watch the boys leave.

"Joffrey will," she states "the worst ones always do."

"Shh," I grab her hand and start to walk away with her, "Come let's go."

Sansa and I are hidden away from the fighting but my we aren't hidden from my mother's constant glare.

"I don't know why she wants me here." Sansa quietly says. "She's always saying how stupid I am, she hates me."

"Maybe she just hates you a little less than she hates everyone else. Including me."

"I doubt it."

"Maybe she's jealous of you." I plainly state.

"Why would she be jealous?" She starts to ask before my mother interrupts her.

"Sansa." she calls for her. "I was wondering where our little dove had flown. You look pale child."