Surprised?

Dear diary,

I feel completely lame writing in here but the doctor said if I won't lie in a hospital bed, then I should go rest in my own, which I am now. It's only 4:53pm so I still have a long wait until I find out what's the good news that Seeley's gonna tell me. So back to why I'm writing in here...it's because I am so happy but sad. I like Vincent but I would never be able to date him because we work at the same place, but he is an interne so it doesn't really matter. I keep thinking of what happen at the hospital in my 'room'.

*Knock, knock*

Oh someone's at the door, so um...

Kristen Booth

I close my diary and cautiously go to the door and check the peephole. Oh it's Angela. I open the door and invite her in.

"Oh sweetie. Are you okay?" Angela asks.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's not the first time I've been shot anyway." I say.

"True..." She says sadly.

Just saying it makes me remember it.

***Flash back***

It was just a normal and boring Monday...or so I thought. It's been 6 months since I finished university and joined the FBI. Seeley was really mad at first, but he eventually bared it and he somehow got his boss to make me work with him at all times. Over protective brother. I've been on a few cases, but my brother almost always gets us the un-dangerous cases...almost. I got a text from Seeley.

Get ready, the only case we could get was a kidnapping one. So be prepared.

Yes! I can finally prove to him that I can take care of myself.

***A couple days after that***

I have looked into everything, and so has Seeley. I'm pretty sure that there's nothing leading us to the kidnapper. Seeley's getting more and more worried about me since we found out the kidnapper has been going after blonde girls in their early 20s and I'm 22 years old so I fit his type. I know I should be more worried, but surprisingly, I'm not...which is stupid. It was a long day of finding nothing.

"Kristen, you can go home. It's been a long day, go rest up." Seeley says.

"Okay thanks." I say while smiling.

I get out and go to my car. I get in the driver's seat and turn on the car, before I can start driving; a knife is pressed under my throat.

"Start driving, I'll tell you where to go." A deep male voice says.

And because my life is in the balance, I do as he says.

***2 days after that***

It's been 2 days that I've been getting...well the only way to put it is getting tortured. I keep praying that someone will rescue me, feminist or not I wouldn't mind a knight in shining armor at the moment. While he was at the bathroom, I think, someone busted the door open...Seeley!! I felt so relieved and I thought it was over, until the guy comes out with a guy pointing it in my direction.

"Put the gun down!!" Seeley yells.

But as soon as he finishes that sentence I feel pain in my stomach. I hear another gun shot and expect to be dead, but it was just Seeley shooting the guy. All I can think about before I pass out is that I'm lucky that man was a bad shot.

***Flash back over***

"Kristen!!" Angela yells.

"What?" I say.

"You were completely out of it, you sure you're okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, I was just...thinking." I say.

"So...anything you want to tell me?" She asks with a huge smile.

How...how does she know already?!

I feel myself blushing.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, playing dumb.

"Booth told me." She says.

Seeley...told her?! He's my brother he shouldn't be telling anyone!! Who cares, I was gonna tell her anyway.

"Okay, I give up; yeah there are quite a few things I wanna tell you." I say.

"And Booth told me about how you have to meet him tonight; he said to dress up nice. But anyways, you have more than 2 hours, so tell me everything." She says with a smile.

So I explain all of it and when I get to the part about the hospital she gets all giggly and shocked.

"Wait, wait, wait. So you guys had a full on make out session?" She says excited.

"Um, uh yeah." I say shyly.

"You guys are definitely going to end up together." She says.

"Maybe..." I say shyly.

Now that I'm done explaining, I wonder what's the good news Seeley is gonna tell me in...oh my god!! In half an hour!!

"Oh my god Angela help me get ready!! It's a 20 minute drive and I have to be there in 30 minutes!" I say.

"Okay, let the professional do her work. I'll make you look so good, Vincent's jaw will drop." She says.

Wait...Vincent? I thought I was going to talk to Seeley...