Gay Crisis #2

Derek came again today. We stole glances at each other, making small smiles and chuckling. But I totally wasn't falling for Derek Hale..... not at all.

     I started my normal cleanup regimen, humming a song that was stuck in my head, but I couldn't quite figure out the name of it. I scrolled through the lyrics in my head, the title lyric slipping away from the others. "What the hell is it?" I muttered to myself.

    "Mr. Brightside by The Killers." I jumped, looking up at Derek who was now sitting on the counter. "A classic."

      "I have been trying to figure out the name of that song for ages." I laughed. "You're the best."

      He shrugged. "So I've been told."

    I scoffed, and continued to wipe down the counter (around Derek of course), and put things away as they appeared.

     "What're you still doing here?" He asked. "My mom told me that your shift ends at 7."

     "Hard worker I guess." I joked. "My car is also in the shop, and my dad is still working on a case, so when I'm done cleaning I'll probably go chill on the curb like a crazy person."

     He laughed, throwing his head back to expose his neck. God how my tongue wanted to explore that skin. "Stiles, I'll take you home."

     I shook my head. "You don't need to. I wouldn't want to make you drive your probably very expensive car through my crappy neighborhood."

      "I don't mind Stiles, really." He smiled. "And my car isn't that expensive."

     I scoffed. "That's what all rich people say."

    "Oh really?" He grabbed an extra rag that was laying on the counter. "I also can bet you that all rich people are too proper to do this."

    He twirled the rag, and snapped it at me, as I jumped out of the way to dodge it. "Oh you're on."

     He jumped down from the counter, and we chased each other, rat-tailing one another as we broke out into fits of laughter.

      "Derek!" I squealed as his towel snapped me right  in the stomach. He laughed hysterically, leaning against the counter for support. "You think this is funny?"

     He nodded. "Very."

     I twirled my towel, and snapped him in the stomach, as his laughing slowed down. "Sorry," he started. "I couldn't feel that through my rock hard abs."

      He wiggled his eyebrows as I scoffed. "You ass."

     "I worked very hard at the gym for my ass thank you."

    I rolled my eyes, walking towards him with my rag twisted, not noticing the wet spot on the floor. I slipped, flailing my arms, and landing safely in Derek's. Our laughing stopped, as his arm tightened around my lower back, and our eyes met. Our eyes darted from each other's eyes, to our lips. My entire life is a gay crisis.

      "I should, uh," he gulped. "I should get you home."

     "Yeah." I nodded. "Smart idea."

    "Derek!" Norma called through the house. "Are you still here?"

    I brought my hand up to Derek's chest, pushing out of his grasp and continuing to wipe down the counter.

     "Yes Nana! In the kitchen!" He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

      Norma walked in, stopping in the doorway once she saw me. "Oh Stiles, why are you still here?"

     "Derek, uh." I put the rag away. "Derek is giving me a ride back to my place since my Jeep is in the shop."

    She looked between us suspiciously. "Did I interrupt something?"

     We both shook our heads simultaneously, refusing to look at each other.

     "Oh really?" She crossed her arms. "Then why are your faces the color of a cardinal?"

      I looked down, hiding my face whilst trying to think of an excuse. Hey I almost kissed your grandson, fire me now!

      "We were just kidding around and we ran around the kitchen a few times." Derek piped up.

     "Mhm." Norma nodded. "Get the boy home Derek."

     "Yes ma'am." Derek grabbed his keys out of his pocket. "Bye Nana."

      She kissed his cheek, before giving me a wink as I chuckled. "Goodnight ma'am."

     "Norma."

    "Right, Norma."