This Is Why We Should've Watched The Notebook

I sighed, turning up the volume on the movie Derek and I were watching. Well, I was watching. Derek fell asleep five minutes in, and his head was currently rested in my lap. I absentmindedly ran my fingers through his raven hair, getting lost in thought while the stupid, romantic Hallmark movie that Derek insisted we watch played in the background.

     I honestly couldn't tell you what the movie was about. Probably some cliché "boy meets girl, forbidden love, then fiery sex, then happily ever after" like all Hallmark movies are. So cute, it made me want to vomit.

     I felt Derek start to stir, and heard him groan as he brought his hands up to rub his tired eyes. "I fell asleep didn't I?"

     "Five minutes in." I nodded.

     "How long was I out for?" He turned onto his back so that he was looking up at me.

     "About an hour." I looked down into his green eyes. "You missed the whole 'forbidden love' speech that lead into the fiery sex."

      He scoffed. "Damn it. The best part."

     "I know. Do you know how much of a turnoff it is to watch two forbidden lovers have intense sex while my boyfriend is snoring on my lap?"

      He laughed. "I'm sorry baby."

     "This is why we should've watched The Notebook." I joked.

      "But it's so sad."

     "Exactly!" I started. "So instead of being aroused while you're snoring on my lap, I could've been crying with you snoring on my lap. Then you could've woken up and comforted me and become my knight in shining armor."

      He faked hurt. "I'm I not already your knight in shining armor?"

     "Well," I shrugged. "You haven't saved me from any major disasters or crises yet."

     "Hmmmm," he sat up, crawling to hover over me as my back hit the bottom of the couch. "However will I make up for that?"

        I brought my hand up to his jaw. "I have a few ways." He connected our lips, quickly asserting dominance as I chuckled. I pulled away, and moved my hand to his chest. "I meant you could make it up to me by getting me Chinese food, but I guess this works too."

     He scoffed. "You're an idiot Stiles Stilinski."

      "I love you Derek Hale."

      "Not as much as I love you."