I Brought Tacos

"Finally." I said to myself, sitting on my couch and fishing for the remote between the couch cushions. This was my first day off in a week, and I was beyond exhausted. A day of doing absolutely nothing sounded like Heaven on earth.

     "Game of Thrones or Riverdale?" I scrolled through the TV guide, finally deciding on Riverdale. I grabbed my popcorn, and covered myself in numerous amounts of blankets.

     Three hours of Riverdale and two bags of popcorn later, I felt myself start to doze off. I fought to keep my eyes open, wanting to see the ending of the episode. "Fuck it." I said, lowering the volume and getting comfortable on the couch. I closed my eyes, and felt my stomach growl. I sighed. "Really? Now?"

      It let out another rumble. "No. I'm tired."

     I sat in silence, trying to fall asleep, but my stomach kept on growling, distracting me from the task at hand. "Shut up or I'll make you."

    Should I just go get food? I thought to myself. This is why I shouldn't live alone.

     My doorbell rang, knocking me out of my angry trance. I groaned, and got up to answer it as my stomach let out another growl. "I swear to God."

     I opened the door, revealing Derek in a dark blue v-neck, and grey sweatpants. He was holding a brown bag in his hand, and wearing a nervous smile on his face. "Hi."

     "Hi." I returned, a smile slowly appearing on my face.

     "I was uh-" he ran his hand through his hair. "I was kind of bored at home and I was hungry so I figured you would be too and I was going to text but I wanted to surprise you so I brought food. This is creepy isn't it? Would you tell me if it was? I mean I don't want-"

     "Derek!" I laughed.

     He held up the paper bag. "I brought tacos."

    "You truly know the way to my heart."

     He laughed. "Can I come in?"

     I stepped aside, motioning for him to come in. "As long as I get a taco."

    "No Stiles, I brought them over to eat in front of you and not let you have any."

     "I don't appreciate sass."