Cheese Itz and Coworkers

Hmmm I thought to myself. Do I want the Star Wars or the Marvel Cheese Itz? Screw it. I'll get both.

     I happily picked up both boxes of Cheese Itz, and threw them into my basket. "Stiles?"

     I turned around, to see Isaac Lahey, an old friend from High School. "Isaac!" I put my basket down and threw my arms around him as he welcomed the embrace. "It's been forever! How have you been?"

      He sighed. "Busy as ever. What about you? How's culinary school?"

     "Just graduated." I said with a grin. "Now I'm working for a rich family on Yale avenue."

     "Look at you Mr. Personal chef." He laughed. "Which family?"

     "The Hales."

     His face lit up. "As in Derek Hale? I work with the guy!"

     The sound of Derek's name brought a slight blush to my face. "Yup. He's pretty great."

    "And not bad on the eyes either." He laughed. "All the girls in the office want in his pants. It's so fun to watch."

    My blush went away, and I clenched my jaw. "He is pretty good looking."

    He scoffed. "I feel bad for them all. Too bad he's gay."

     "Yeah." I laughed. "What a disappointment."

     "Well not for this guy Danny." He laughed. "Do you remember Danny from high school?"

      My heart stopped. "Yeah I remember Danny."

     "Lucky bastard is the only one that succeeded with Derek. The daily coffees lead him straight to Laid Land."

     I chuckled, fighting the tears from my eyes.

     "Well it was good to see you Stiles!" He hugged me. "Hit me up sometime, we need to catch up."

    I nodded, and quickly turned around, wiping a tear from my eye. Derek is cheating on me?

    Just then, my phone started to ring, snapping me out of my pity party. I looked at it to see the one name I dreaded. "Hello?"

      "Hey baby." Derek's voice carried through the phone. "Are we still on for dinner tonight?"

      "We're done." I hung up the phone, and put my basket full of groceries onto the floor. I ran my hand through my hair, quickly walking out of the store and to my Jeep. Derek's name popped onto my screen again, and I stared at it before reluctantly answering. "What?"

    "What?" He started. "What's wrong?"

     "I loved you! And you cheated on me!"

     The line went silent. "Wait I what?"

    "Don't play stupid with me." I let the tear roll down my cheek. "We are done Derek. Done!"

     I hung up the phone, and threw it onto the seat, feeling my heart shatter as I cried into my steering wheel.