Happily Ever After

5 years later...

"Derek Hale get your ass into the kitchen this instant!"

     Derek stepped into the kitchen door, out of breath, and really quite pathetic looking. "I can't."

      "You can't what my love?" I asked, flipping the chocolate chip pancake that was on the stove.

      "He's so fast!" He plopped into a chair. "How do those little legs move so fast?"

      I chuckled. "You wanted a child."

     "Does he have a return policy?"

      I quickly transferred the pancake to a plate, before bringing it to the table and placing a kiss on Derek's head. "You wouldn't change him for the world."

     "Very true." He grabbed my arm and pulled me down to kiss him. "And besides, he gets his hyperactive nature from you."

      "Okay rude," I laughed as he pulled me down for another kiss. "Leo! Breakfast!"

     "Where is he?"

      "Just wait for it."

      Within seconds, tiny footsteps going at a thousand miles an hour started, and the sound got louder as he approached. My little 3 year old pride and joy came to a halt at the kitchen door, remembering our well enforced 'no running in the kitchen' rule. "Mmm smells good daddy."

     I scooped him up, placing him in the chair next to Derek with a kiss on his head. "Your favorite."

     His eyes lit up as I placed the chocolate chip pancake in front of him. "It's really big daddy!"

      Derek looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows. "Wow, where have I heard that phrase before?"

       My face turned a bright shade of pink, and I hit Derek on the back of the head. "Ow!"

      "Don't make stupid comments and maybe you won't get hit!"

      Derek laughed. "It's not stupid if it's true."

      "Derek Hale." I warned.

       "Stiles Hale."

      I narrowed my eyes at him. "Leo, your papa is mean."

      Leo sighed. "You've told me this."

      "Three times this week." Derek added.

      "This is the third time this week you've been mean to me." I huffed and walked back to the stove.

     Derek got up from his chair, and wrapped his arms around me from behind. "I love you."

      "Yeah yeah."

      "I'm serious," he turned my face to look at him. "I love you."

     "I love you too." I placed a kiss on his lips.

     Our kiss was broken up by two tiny arms wrapping around our legs. "I want in on the hug."

      Derek scooped him up, and placed him on his hip. "Always little man."

     I hugged them both softly. "I love my little happily ever after."