Late Night Love

I started to stir to the sound of Derek's soft snores. I turned around, and faced the sleeping man, clutching the pillow as if it were a teddy bear. I sighed, and pulled the covers up over his shoulders.

    He started to wake, his eyes fluttering open as his bright green eyes made contact with mine. "Hi baby."

     "Hi handsome." I returned, running my hand through his soft raven hair. "Go back to sleep, we have a few hours until we need to be up."

      He groaned, and pulled the covers closer to his body. "What time is it?"

     I glanced at the clock next to my bed. "3 am."

     He sighed, and pulled me into his grasp as I giggled. "I'm calling in sick to work tomorrow. You should too."

      I scoffed. "I have bills to pay Mr. Hale."

    "I'll pay them for you Mr. Stilinski."

    My eyes shot open as he cuddled closer to me. "Derek, I need to work to pay my bills."

     "I'll pay them for you." He sighed. "Or you could just move in with me." He joked.

      I chuckled. "You're crazy."

      "You're amazing."

     I rolled my eyes. "Someone is sappy at 3am."

     "I'm always sappy."

     "Very true."

     He settled deeper into the pillow, letting out a yawn as he closed his eyes. "Goodnight sweet."

      "Goodnight baby."

     He let out a deep breath, his body relaxing as he drifted off to sleep. "I love you."

     My eyes shot open, and before I could respond, he was sound asleep. I was now wide awake, wondering if he actually meant it, or if the phrase came out of sleep deprivation.

     Love?! I thought to myself. He loves me? I mean, I guess I love him too, but it's really early on. Do I really love him? I think so. Oh well, I'll figure it out in the morning.

    And with that, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

   A/N: hiiii I'm back! I'm sorry I went on a break for so long, I had a lot going on with sports and boys and whatever lol. I'm back now! Hope you enjoy the chapter 😁