Falling Like the Stars

"Mom, I am telling you, it's not a good song. You say so because you have to. I am your son so you'll be a bad mom if you say it's a bad one" Logan said looking disappointed. Taylor frowned at her oldest son and then she looked at me. I just shrugged and said nothing. I already told my son that the song was good and that him and his band mates will get signed by the record label. 

When Logan started to feel that connection to music just like Taylor and me, we knew that he will be a musician. At the age of ten, he already knew all his mom's songs on piano or guitar, even the banjo (for the country ones). He started to write his own music at the age of eleven and I knew he was gonna be huge someday just like his parents. 

"Logan, I am not telling you lies, ok? I loved it!" Taylor said and smiled trying to fight the urge to curse because of the talent our son can't see. The problem with Logan is that he admires Taylor's style of songwriting so much, for him is not a better songwriter than his mom. So he needs the approval of her, always when it comes to his music ideas. Even when he presented his band to us, I knew that if Taylor would have say something about one of the members, Logan would have hired him. 

Logan and his 4 best friends began this band when they were fifteen, it was only a dream for them, like it was for everyone of us when we started. Logan wanted to prove his talent, his own talent so he didn't let us produced any of his music, he wanted the sign of the record label because they were good, not because his parents were Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. And we were very proud of that. 

"Logan, if Steve doesn't like the song and how you performed it then screwed him, ok? I am not telling you it's a good song because I am your mother. If I tell you it's a good song just because you are my son then I'll be really a bad mother because I would be lying to you. I heard you sing, play the guitar and perform and I see a star. Please, kid, believe me, ok?" Taylor said to Logan who nodded his head and hugged Taylor finally realizing that we what we were saying was true. 

"Alright, I am gonna called the boys so we can practice for tomorrow" Logan said leaving Taylor and I alone in the music room of our mansion in Rhode Island. I heard Taylor sighed and I chuckled coming to sit right beside her. "He is stubborn, doesn't he?" I asked and he laughed. "Just like you" she said. "Excuse me? You are here the most stubborn in this family" I said and my wife made a face. 

"I hope that Steve say yes to them" she said and I hugged her. "Of course he will and if he doesn't we always can go back there and force him to" I said laughing. "Yeah, yeah, sure". Taylor started playing some chords on the piano with one hand and I did the same with my free hand. "You know, it's been a long time since we both sit here and write something together" I said to her and he nodded. "Yeah, I know. Since the birth of the twins we've been totally busy" she said and I agreed with her. Four kids were surely a hard work.

I thought about how my life turns just like someday I dream it will be. A beautiful wife who loves me just like I love her, a big house where our four children could grow up to be strong men and women. It was just a dream until it came true. I cried a lot and I suffered a lot, there were time when I thought I wasn't gonna be okay again. Life is cruel I know that, but it is also wonderful. I think that life takes from you but it gives you twice later on, when it knows you're ready to treasure it. 

"Hey, princess, I know I said this a lot to you but there is not a bad moment to say it again. I love you" I said and kissed my wife forehead. I see her smiled and played a few more chords before she stopped and turned her head to me. "When was the moment you realize I was it?" she asked very serious. "I knew exactly the moment but I am not gonna tell you, what you really need to know is that in that moment when I saw you right into your eyes, I swear to God I could see four kids and no sleep. We have one on each knee, you and me, just like the picture we have right in front of us. And I knew that you were meant to be that girl to me, I was falling so fast for you and it was so easy really" I said and cleaned up a tear falling in Taylor's cheek. 

She smiled and kissed my lips gently. "You know, sometimes I just like when you screw things over, those moments are the only ones where I could think that you're not perfect" she said and I laughed. "I am not perfect, we are just perfect together". 

"MOM! MOM! I CAN'T FIND MY BLUE SWEATER! MOMMYYYYYY!" we heard Elle's screams and we laughed more. "You're daughter is calling for you" I said and Taylor rolled her eyes. "MOM! THOMAS IS GOING TO BE HERE ANY MINUTE!".

Taylor stood up and she was about to go downstairs but before I had to ask "Where is she going anyway?". Taylor smiled devilishly. "On a date" she said and she just left me there,  thinking about ways to kill my best friend's son without anyone noticing.