Arc 1: Season of the Outlander Chapter 7: Planning a Raid

A New Journey Ahead DAL x Destiny (I do not owe DAL, Destiny or Yamato 2202)

Arc 1: Season of the Outlander Chapter 7: Planning a Raid

Japan, Outskirts of Tokyo City Night Time 8 PM

Abandoned Warehouse

Logan was sitting on a chair in front of a desk inside an abandoned warehouse located outskirts of Tokyo. It's been 3 days after the crash and the battle with DEM forces. He left Mount Fuji to relocate to another safe place. Specter was able to find an abandoned warehouse located outskirts of Tokyo city. Now that they found a safe place to hide, they had to come up with a plan.

"Okay, we're unable to properly study the information because of the DEM attack, but we should be able to analyze the data properly this time. Specter, upload the data."

"You got it." Specter than projected a hologram of the data he collected.

The data showed about Spirits, beings from a different dimension, but each time they come through to this world, they create a spacequake that is similar to a bomb explosion that destroys everything that it engulfs. Each Spirit is unique in personality, power, and knowledge of the world.

"While I was locating a safe place for us, I was able to tap into the military network here in Japan."

"Anything come up with word Spirit?' Logan asked.

Specter nodded, "Yep, each Spirit has a code name." He then shows more projections of the data.

Logan looked at the data, it showed the picture of the Spirits and data on what they are capable of, 'Let's see... Princess, an AAA-Class Spirit and carries a huge sword, I see. Next, is Hermit, B-class Spirit a little girl, and ice power? Berserk, AAA-rank Spirit controls wind I guess. Diva, an A-rank Spirit using her voice to control? And what's this Nightmare? [Killed 10,000 people]. Shit, better not piss this one-off. And they are all girls? Ugh, this is just getting better, and better, doesn't it?' He told himself making a grumbling sound.

"If you need to know there are more Spirits than what you are looking at right now," Specter told his Guardian. "Wait...They are all girls, I presume?" "Yes." "....." Logan was deadpanned to hear this. He shook his head and focused back on the hologram projection

"By the way, about DEM, do we have any info about them?" Logan wanted to know the foe they fought last time and perhaps maybe in the future as well. 'I wonder, how did they find me in the first place? Did they possess some tech that could find us even in stealth mode? Or is it something else?' He was certain the fight he had with them three days ago can't be the last fight. Moreover, he wanted to find more about Isaac Westcott. A DEM Managing Director who ordered the attack on him.

Specter then projected another hologram and began explaining, "From what I can find, Deus Ex Machina Industries or DEM is a very powerful British commerce guild, trade cartel, mega-corporation, and lobbying group that was founded 30 years prior to the Spacequake incident."

Logan continued to read the file as Specter continued, "Also, it seems that DEM grew to dominate the entire country's financial systems and all major trade routes, and have one of the most extremely formidable private militaries on the world that is said to be able to conquer a nation. They seem to handle their business globally with headquarters in Great Britain and the United Kingdom. And they have been involved in a wide range of developmental projections, including the manufacturing of arms, aircraft, vehicles, ships, space development, semiconductors, electronic equipment, fiber industry, and even travel agencies."

"Hold on, if that's the case, the group they sent to attack us, are they some kind of special forces or something?"

"That's one way to look at it. It seems that they have their private militia and seems to use their resources; however, they please."