Arc 1: Season of the Outlander Chapter 14: Clash!! The Guardian vs DEM

A New Journey Ahead DAL x Destiny (I do not owe DAL, Destiny, or Yamato 2202)

Chapter 14 Clash!! STERBEN vs. DEM

Internal comms conversation: "Where Logan and Specter would hear and talk to each other."

Location: Orbit on Mars

STERBEN, Tactical Operation Room

It's been 4 hours past since the Guardian, and his Ghost talked with Itsuka Shido and the Spirits

Logan and Specter were in the briefing room inside their warship. They looked down on the screen floor that displayed the DEM fleet orbiting between Luna and Earth's space.

Logan was still wearing his armor and his helmet, Nea-Thonis Breather, which he was still wearing even if he was alone.

"The tactic I said back then might have been too hasty, don't you think?" Logan asked.

"I would say so, but even if <Fraxinus EX>'s repair is done, I don't think they have the power to go offensive. They'll have to go full speed to descend to the Earth as we draw DEM fleet's attention to us."

Logan crossed his arms and put his right hand under his chin, "Right, but the warp jump, which area would be best to ambush them? Even if we jump and ambush them, it's gonna take more than a couple of main guns shock cannons to take them down."

Specter agreed with what Logan said. Even if they use tactical warp jump to warp out at an area where they don't expect to be hit, it won't be long when they focus all their attack on <STERBEN>. Specter then had an idea. The wave motion energy.

"Yes, but I might have an idea for that. Injecting the wave motion energy from the main engine to create a shock wave that could disable DEM ships due to the wave motion resonance, but there is a problem..."

"Problem...?" Logan asked.

"Well, if we inject the wave motion energy to create a shock wave from the main engine, we can't use the shock cannon from the main guns. That includes a warp jump and the deployment of wave motion shields. I mean, this is the first time we use STERBEN in combat. So we don't know what's gonna happen. We'll need to draw the power from the shield generator to create a blast radius that is powerful and large enough to disable all DEM ships in the vicinity. Of course, the duration of the disabling would extend as well."

Logan frowned at what his Ghost suggested, "Meaning we would be relying on torpedos, missiles, and hyper-velocity rounds from the main guns when we go offense?"

The hyper-velocity shells were the cannon shells used when the main gun, the triple mount turret, switches its mode to shock cannon to projectile mode. The rounds themselves were lethal, but their range comparing it to the shock cannon mode is limited. Nevertheless, it was still powerful to be used as a ship to ship combat, anti-air flak gun, or bombardment.