Arc 1: Season of the Outlander Chapter 9: Preparation

A New Journey Ahead DAL x Destiny (I do not owe DAL, Destiny, or Yamato 2202)

Arc 1: Season of the Outlander Chapter 9: Preparation

Internal comms conversation: "Where Logan and Specter would hear and talk to each other."

Location: Japan, Tengu City DEM Japan Branch Headquarters

"Ike, good morning." "Good morning Sir, Westcott." Ellen and Artemisia greeted their boss Isaac Westcott. Believing to have the same usual day to plan against Itsuka Shido and the Spirits.

Westcott nodded and greeted his assistants, "Good morning, you two. Oh, by the way, you haven't received a report yet yes?"

"What do you mean sir?" Artemisia asked. She thought it was just another report about the Spirits.

Westcott spoke with an amused voice, "I received a report that one of the buildings that are owned by our company was attacked last night. Guess who did?"

Ellen guessed but knew the Spirits couldn't make such an attack. But she then realized something, "Is it... The cloaked figure?"

Her boss nodded, "Yes, and I'm afraid some of our equipment has been stolen by the figure. What he's planning to do is unclear. However, thanks to the <Beelzebub> I was able to get a bit of information about our mysterious intruder."

"!!!" Ellen was outraged to hear such news but remained calm, "What do we know about?"

Westcott spoke, "The figure is a male, and the power he posses is not a Sephira energy."

Both responded with questions with their own words, "It's not?" "Are you sure, Ike?"

Westcott nodded, he had no doubt about it. He looked at his Demon King <Beelzebub> and showed who this mysterious man is only to find out that the power he posses is not a Spirit's Angel. He was surprised to hear this, but nevertheless, he wanted to study him and take this man's power for his own.

"I tried to look into our intruder from the recorded security camera if possible, but the security data suggests that he might have compromised our security network. Moreover, he has access to some of our most sensitive data that the public must not know."

Ellen was shocked, she knew that the DEM has the most encrypted security system in the world but to be breached by this intruder was humiliating DEM. Outraged, Ellen spoke, "How is that possible?!? Ike!! Please give me the order to hunt him down this instant!! I will find him and bring him to you in knees!!"

Westcott calmed her subordinate, "Now now Ellen, there is no reason to be rushed, here. But I have to say he is a formidable fighter. He was able to kill multiple squads of Wizards swiftly without hesitation.

"What do you mean, sir? Didn't you say that our security system was compromised and the cameras couldn't get the footage?" Artemisia was curious, she thought that the security cameras weren't able to get footage.

Westcott grinned, "Yes, but we have something instead, we were able to recover the footage from the helmet camera from most of the Wizards helmet that was intact, and our analysis team was able to recover the footage."

Westcott then grabbed a remote controller from his desk and began to play the footage.

The footage shows squads of Wizards getting ready to repel the intruder. They heard a noise from the background sound of the video. The Wizards turned around to find the source.

Westcott, Ellen, and Artemisia saw it, the same figure with the cloak, wielding a pair of short swords and his body was covered with purple energy.