Part 12

Finally, Saturday, the day of the Award Show here. We had arrived in New York the day before, and we stayed in the same hotel as Jeremy, along with some Mike and Jenny, that he had invited.

Chris hasn´t seen my dress on me yet, and I am excited about him seeing it. So I get my dress on, my hair is put up loose in curls. I step in front of the mirror to check myself out a last time. Yes, I think I look great. I like what I see. I step into the livingroom of the suite. Chris is standing there with his hands in his pockets, staring at me. As I walk towards him, a smile lightens up his face. He grabs my hands and softly squeezes them. “You look… baby, you look amazing.” he finally says. I look down on the floor, a bit embarrassed. “Thank you.” I whisper. He takes my hand in his, holds it tightly, and we get out of the hotel to get into the cars.

As we get out of the limo hundreds of people are already there. Journalists, fans, and lots of celebrities. I can´t believe I am right in the middle of this. For a second I just stand and stare, not sure how to feel about that all. Chris takes my hand and smiles at me. “Are you ready, baby?” he asks and gives me a wink. I snuggle close to him and grab his arm. “I think so.” I let him know and we walk down the red carpet. Photographers are screaming, everyone wants to get a picture Chris and the rest of the Avengers crew. “Wait here with the others” Chris tells me and he and the others pose for some pictures and give a short interview. Me and Chris’ friends stay in the background, and when he comes back I am more than glad to have Chris here to hold on to.

I hide a bit behind him as we make our way along the red carpet. “Hey, Chris, Chris, introduce your new girlfriend!” some guy is yelling. “Hold on hun!” Chris says to me with a smile. He puts his arm around my waist and we let a few people take pictures of us. “Was she the reason you split with Sam?” another one shouts. My heart starts racing, but Chris is really professional – “I saw her and fell in love with her, what can I do!” he laughs. He gives me a kiss on my cheek, takes my hand again and we move on. “See baby, you just have to give them what they want… you´ll see, in a few weeks no one will write something stupid about you anymore.”

”I need some fresh air” I tell Chris at the after show party and blow a kiss on his cheek. “Should I come with you?” he asks me, his eyebrows raised. “No, just stay here, Jenny is coming with me.” I let him know.

Jenny and me head out to the huge balcony, where people can have a smoke. “How do you like it?” Jenny asks me. “Have you ever been to such an event before?” “No… never! I was supposed to be here on behalf of Paramount, but well… Chris wanted me to come as his date, so…” I tell her and I´m sure I´m blushing. “You´re a sweet couple” she tells me with a wink. “I am gonna be honest with you, I liked Sam, we got along quite good, but sometimes she was a bit… well, arrogant, you know. And we always had the feeling that Chris wasn´t too happy. But well, he seems happy now! You really seem to be good for him.” she says.

I suddenly I freeze. I stare over Jennys shoulder. Sam stepps out on the balcony and comes straight up to me. “What´s wrong?” Jenny asks me and turns around. “Oh damn…”

“Hello Jenny!” Sam says with an overwhelming smile and gives her a hug. I can hear in her voice that she has been drinking.  “How are you doing honey, you look fantastic!” she tells Jenny and takes a look at her from head to toe. I bite on my lip. “Hey Sam…” Jenny starts. “I am doing fine, thanks…”

Damn, what am I supposed to do, I am not gonna stand here like an idiot, while Sam is flattering Jenny. “Excuse me for a moment...” I say and wanna leave, but Sam steps in my way. “Oh, why are you leaving, sweetheart… I wanted to talk to you!” she says and gazes at me with a sneering smile. I look at her anxious. That woman really intimidates me so much, I don´t know why.  “We were just about to go back in!” Jenny tries to help me out and grabs my arm. “Oh no, I really wanted to tell her that me and Chris…well…” she stops and looks at me, her eyebrows raised. My hearts starts racing and I feel anger coming up. “What are you talking about?” I snap at her and take a step forward. “Judy, come on, let´s get inside!” Jenny tells me. “No, I wanna hear that, I am sick of that all! Chris and me, we are together now, so why don´t you just forget him?” I bawl at Sam. People start to stare at us, but I don´t care.