Part 13

JENNY AND CHRIS

“Where are you?” Jenny asks Chris as he answers his phone. “On my way to the hotel. Where is Judy, did you find her?” he asks.  “Yes, she´s in her hotelroom. Well, she took another hotel room. Damn. Chris, we gotta talk” she lets him know. “I´m there in 10 minutes.” Chris hangs up. Another hotel room? What the hell is going on, he asks himself.

They meet in the lounge of the hotel. “Where is she, I need to see her, damn, she can´t just leave like that, I am really pissed off right now” he bawls at Jenny. She gives him an angry look. “YOU are pissed off? Didn´t you see what your lovely ex girlfriend did?”

Chris takes a deep breath. “I know, ok? I am gonna have a conversation with Sam, but Judy could at least talk to me! It´s not my fault that Sam acts like a bitch.” He gazes at Jenny. She points at him and takes a step closer. “Well Chris, then explain me what Sam had to tell Judy about New York?” Chris’ face gets pale. “Oh no…” he closes his eyes.

“Oh my god Chris, don´t tell me that it´s true… are you out of your mind?” Jenny tells him. “It was a mistake, ok? It was just a kiss! I didn´t want that to happen!!! Damn, I need to see Judy, Jenny… show me where her rooms is…”

“Just a kiss?” Jenny hesitates. “chris… I really think this is not a good idea right now. She´s really hurt… and I think she needs some rest right now. So leave her alone for tonight… I am sure you can work it out again…” she tells him. “Oh man, Chris….. why did you do that?”

“Damn, I am not perfect, okay?” he yells at her. “I didn´t want to do it! I love Judy, but damn, it happened and I can´t make I undone! I wish I could!!” he yells and rushes upstairs. On the next morning I wake up with the sun shining into my face. I remember everything that happened last night. How could it come this way… well it all started in a complicated way, how could I think it would all end up in a great love story…

I go to Jennys and Mikes room and knock on the door. Please, let her be awake already…

It´s Mike who opens the door for me. Fantastic. Here I stand, my eyes red, I look like shit. “Judy, girl… come in, damn, what the hell happened?” he tells me and comes close. I take a step back. “Mike… can I please talk to Jenny?” He wants to reply something but the look I give him makes him shut up. “Hold on a second.” he disappears and Jenny comes to the door. She asks me in, but I refuse and ask her about a flight.

“Listen Judy, I booked you a flight for two this afternoon. But I still think you should talk to Chris. I had a long conversation with him last night. He is so sorry... he wanted to see you, but I could convince him to leave you alone, so you could calm down. But please, just talk to him… Judy – he sure made a mistake… but…he really is sorry about that and he told me that…” she tells me.

I close my eyes. I am dizzy. Just the thought of him or Sam hurts me. I can´t even listen to it. “Jenny, a mistake?” I interrupt her. I can´t believe what I am hearing. Why is she defending him? “I can´t…. too much happened.” I let her know, and she sighs. “Judy… I don´t want you to make a mistake, you hear me? Talk to him…” she says again. It really angers me, she is supposed to be there for me – not to be sympathetic with Chris. He slept with Sam, damnit!

“No Jenny… all I wanna do is to go home. Thanks for your help – but please, stop talking about Chris now. I don´t wanna know.” I tell her and leave.

A whole week has passed by since I left Chris. And I am still hurt. How could he do that? I am empty. I told my boss I was sick because I didn’t want to see anyone. I don´t care about what he´s thinking, should he fire me, I wouldn´t care at all. Maybe I´ll quit my job anyway, cos I don´t wanna run into Chris at the studio. That all was too embarrasing. Chris tried to call me a few times, so did Jenny, but I didn´t answer the phone, and I didn´t even read their text messages. All I do is sitting around, dreaming, thinking about him and me and all the shit that happened.