── ii,

' WANDERLUST '

' WANDERLUST '

          "I need a drink," Crowley mumbled out with a sigh. Amelia ducked out of view as he turned to shut the door. The engine roared to life, and they started driving away. She quickly hopped on her bike and followed after them. She didn't know why, she just had this feeling at the pit of her stomach telling her too.

          She took the clip out of her hair so she could feel the cool wind blow through it. It was fairly cold out today here in Soho, London. Amelia is from Texas, and she has an average American accent with a little bit of a Texan twang. She moved here almost two months ago. Why? Just for the heck of it. There's really no reason honestly. She suddenly came to a halt next to a small bookstore on the corner of the street.

          "I mean, how could I? I'm an angel for god's sake. I cannot curse, and I will not, ever," Aziraphale stated.

          "Aziraphale, you talk entirely too much," Crowley sighed as he placed his hands inside his jean pockets. Amelia bumped into a few people here and there as she strolled after them. They walked into the store, causing the bell to chime. She slowly walked over towards the window and peered in. The two stood talking to each other for a moment before Crowley turned his head in her direction.

          Her heart raced as she quickly moved behind someone, mentally praying he didn't see her. After a moment passed, she looked again to find they were gone. She took in a sharp breath before making her way towards the door. It chimed as she walked in. Books were stacked on shelves, tables, and even the floor. It was strangely quiet.

          Her feet padded against the wooden floor as she walked towards a staircase. She heard faint voices coming from the second floor. Bravely, she started to walk up the stairs.

          "Armageddon is days away and we've lost the Antichrist," Crowley's raspy voice spoke, "Why did the powers of Hell have to drag me into this anyways?" Amelia peeked into the room, watching as he rubbed his temple.

          "Well, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure it's because of all those memos you kept sending them, saying how amazingly well you were doing," Aziraphale said while pouring a glass of wine.

          Crowley threw his hand in the air, "Is it my fault they never check-up? I'm to blame they never check-up?" He sighed and started to rub his temple again, "Everyone stretches the truth a bit in memos to head office. You know that."

          "Yes, but you told them you invented the Spanish Inquisition and started the Second World War," Aziraphale reminded him as he sat down at the table.

          "So the humans beat me to it. That's not my fault," he defended himself. Amelia griped the wooden railing as she leaned in closer. Crowley started to sniff the air, "Something's changed."

          "Oh, it's a new cologne. My barber suggested it," Azriaphale informed.

          "Not you. I know what you smell like," Crowley hissed. The room grew silent as he leaned back in his chair. "The Hell Hound has found its master."

          "Are you sure?"

          "I felt it. Would I lie to you?" Crowley questioned.

          "Well, obviously. You're a demon, it's what you do," Azriaphale answered. Amelia started to slowly make her way up the remaining steps.

          "No, I'm not lying. The boy, wherever he is, has the dog," Crowley said, "He named it. It's done." His face turned expressionless, "He's coming into his power. We're doomed."

          Azriaphale raised the glass to his lips, "Well, then...welcome to the end of times." The boards beneath Amelia's feet creaked loudly, making both of them turn their attention over towards her. Without hesitation, she dashed down the stairs and back onto the main floor. "Wait! Miss!" she heard Azriaphale call after her.

          She ignored him and continued to dart out of the front doors. She squeezed through the people that filled the streets, praying that they wouldn't spot her in a huge crowd. Her feet padded against the concrete as she turned the corner to an ally. She pressed her back against the wall and let out a shaky breath.

          Her chest heaved up and down and her heart pounded against her chest. She swiped back a piece of hair that fell in her face and hesitantly peeked over the corner. She saw both of them standing near the entrance. Aziraphale looked through the crowd to try and spot her—whilst Crowley checked his watch, not seeming all that interested. Crowley threw a peace sign in the air towards Azriaphale and started to walk to his Bentley. Amelia's body seemed to make all the decisions for her because she crept over to her bike and hopped on it.

          She was going to follow him, again. She couldn't help but be full of curiosity. This talk about demons, Hell Hounds, and the end of times—she didn't know what to think. Crowley drove off, causing Amelia to trail behind him. She had to pedal with more force because he was a very fast driver.