── x,

"STRANGE FEELINGS"

"STRANGE FEELINGS"

          Amelia scrunched her nose up and rubbed the tiredness from her eyes. Her pupils dilated to the light as she stared up at the ceiling. After a few seconds of silence, her senses finally kicked in. She immediately sat up, her hair looking like a wild mess. Her brown eyes scanned over the room, which was well-kept and modern looking.

          She swung her legs over the bed, scooting against the satiny sheets and pressing her bare feet against the floor. The faint sound of music echoed from the other side of the door, making her eyebrows furrow. She peeked her head out into the hallway, instantly recognizing the familiar sight of concrete walls. This was Crowley's flat. Her feet padded against the ground as she walked down the long corridor.

🎶She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatin
Dynamite with a laser beam🎶

          She entered an open area and made her way towards the window—noticing a small plant that sat on the window seal. Broad daylight lit up the whole room, and a radio sat on the desk—unsurprisingly playing Queen. She gently brushed her fingers against the plant's leaves.

          "I see you found your way around." A small gasp escaped her lips as she turned to see Crowley leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. The first thing she noticed was that his sunglasses were gone.

          She gulped and tucked some hair behind her ear, "Y-You scared me." He pushed himself off of the wall.

          "I tend to do that—hence the whole demon thing." Her eyes followed him, watching as he turned to pour himself a glass of red wine. "Care for a drink?"

          "I-I'm fine, thanks." He took a sip of his beverage and strolled over towards his chair. The demon sprawled out onto it and sighed. His eyes watched her intently as he swirled the wine around in his glass. Amelia hesitantly spoke, "Crowley."

          "Yes?" He replied, raising his eyebrow slightly. She pressed her hands against her stomach to smooth her gown out and walked closer towards him.

          "I-It's just—I don't understand." He furrowed his eyebrows at her, seemingly confused. "I-I mean, there must be a way to stop Armageddon." Crowley lifted the glass to his lips and took another drink, swishing the liquid between his teeth.

          "Like I said before, we'll—"

          "—Cross that bridge when we come to it," she finished for him. She sighed softly and crossed her arms over her chest—almost hugging herself. "I-I don't—" He could hear the fright that laced through her shaky voice. Tears brimmed her lashes, "I don't want to die." For some reason, those words struck a cord inside him.

          "Nonsense. You're not going to die," Crowley tried to reassure the human, but instead, it came out in more of a scowl. He stood from the chair and ran a hand through his vibrant red hair, "—What I mean is, I won't let that happen." Amelia gulped back a lump in her throat.

          "I-I'm just scared," she admitted, looking up to meet his gaze.

          "Don't be, love. You'll be fine," The demon told her. He brushed past her shoulder and picked up the phone, starting to dial in a number. It rung for a few seconds before the other line picked up. "Any news? Found the Antichrist yet?" Amelia watched as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

          "No. No news. Nothing. Nothing at all. If I had anything, I would tell you, obviously," Aziraphale's hesitant voice was heard from the other side. "Immediately. We're friends. Why would you even ask?"

          "Oh, there's no news here either. Call me if you find anything," Crowley said with a sigh.

          "Absolutely. Why would you think I wouldn't?" Before Crowley could get another word in, Aziraphale quickly hung up. He sat the phone back down and leaned his palms flat against the desk.

"Is everything okay?" Amelia's soft voice rang throughout his ears.

"Yes, everything's just fine," he answered whilst rubbing his face in his hands. Her brown eyes fell to the floor. There was one thought that kept popping back in her head.

"You're a demon," she started with furrowed eyebrows, "So why are you—"

"—If you say nice, it won't end well for you, love."

"But you let me stay here," Amelia reminded him. Her eyes widened as he quickly got in her face.

"That means absolutely nothing," he hissed, towering over her small form intimidatingly. "Don't think for a second that you're anything special—because you're not." His tone was laced with venom. She felt confused and insulted at the same time. Her heart twinged as her eyes trailed to the floor.

          "I-I think I should go."

          "You know the way out." He pulled away, striding over to slouch in his chair. Amelia gave him one last glance before turning to leave. She opened the front door, being greeted with the cool wind which blowed her hair about her face. She stepped out into the pouring rain, shivering as it hit her bare skin.

          That's when she realized she didn't have her bike anymore. She didn't know where she was nor how she'd get home. She had no shoes and her thin gown wasn't doing her any justice against the freezing rain. As much as she didn't want to go back inside—she knew there was no way she would make it home. She ran her hands through her sopping wet hair and turned to hurry back up the concrete stairs.

Her wet feet padded against the ground as she walked down the hallway. She emerged back into the room, standing before the demon. Her arms hugged her shivering body—her wet hair sticking to her face and shoulders. A puddle of water formed on the floor below her.

"I thought you were leaving," Crowley said as he eyed her. Her gown clung to her body, showing off every single curve she had.

          "I-I don't have my bike," she stuttered out. He stood from the chair and made his way over to her.

          "You look cold," he exclaimed, gently lifting her chin so she was now looking him in the eyes. She was confused with his sudden change in manner. He acted as if the conversation they just had—never even happened.

          She shuddered and shakily spoke, "I-I am." Her lips quivered and her teeth chattered. "C-Could you maybe d-do that thing?"

          "What? You mean this?" He snapped his fingers, miraculously making her change into a beautiful navy blue wrap dress. Her hair was now tied back in a low pony, and she wore white sneakers. The best part was—she wasn't freezing anymore.

          "Y-Yes, thank you." Her stomach suddenly growled loudly.

Crowley seemed to notice this because he spoke up, "Hungry?" She bit her bottom lip and nodded. He removed his fingers from her face and started walking off, "Come on, then."

"W-Where are we going?" She questioned, quickly hurrying after him.

"To get you something too eat, of course."