── xvi,

"BLAME IT ON ME"

          "Amelia." She faintly heard someone call her name. "Amelia, love." Crowley's thumb gently trailed across her rosy cheek. She instinctively placed her hand over his, intertwining their fingers together. She let out a soft groan and buried her cheek into his touch. His hand was unusually comfortable, and if he'd let her—she would've fallen asleep again.

"You alright?" His thick accent flowed through her ears like butter. Amelia mumbled out a soft 'mhm,' in response. Eventually, her long lashes fluttered open. Crowley's intoxicating yellow eyes pierced through her own. A weak smile slowly crept onto her pink lips. She had only seen his eyes a handful of times—and seeing them made her feel some type of way.

Crowley used his other hand to brush some of her hair out of her face. The only sound to be heard was the music on the radio.

"If you like Pina Coladas,
       and getting caught in the rain."

The windows to the Bentley were rolled down, being the reason a cool breeze brushed past them. She wasn't as cold as she thought she'd be because while she was asleep, Crowley had miraculously put her in something warmer so she didn't freeze in a torn dress.

Finally recalling the events that took place earlier, she quickly sat upright, "Crowley, what—"

"—Happened? I was hoping you could tell me." She lightly rubbed a hand across her sore chest as she tried to remember.

"If you're not into yoga,
       if you have half a brain."

"I-I don't know, I was sleeping and then I was..." Amelia glanced up to him, her lips parting slightly, "And then I was with you." She furrowed her eyebrows and tightly clenched her chest. "What aren't you telling me?" The demon leaned back in his seat, running a hand through his hair.

          "The, uh—the bookshop burned down."

          "What?" Amelia stared at him in disbelief. "Does Aziraphale know?" Crowley grew unusually silent.

         "If you like making love at midnight,
            In the dunes of the cape"

          "What is it?" Amelia questioned. Crowley scratched the back of his neck, his eyes looking anywhere else but her.

          "He, uh—he's gone." Amelia furrowed her eyebrows, not really understanding what he meant. But then—she caught on.

          "The—The fire?" Crowley pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded. Tears started to brim her lashes as she shut her eyes, "It's my fault."

          "—It's not your fault."

          "I-I was there, I should of heard or-or saw something—"

          Crowley grabbed her face, making her look at him, "You're not to blame, love." His thumb gently brushed against her cheek. The demon sure as hell wasn't going to admit it, but he hated seeing her this way. A single tear fell down her face. The feeling of his touch made her feel completely at ease.

          He smoothed back the hair on her head and placed a gentle kiss to her forehead. The spot tingled, causing a shiver to shoot up her spine. Her brown eyes gazed up to meet his. Amelia hesitantly leaned in towards him, making their noses graze against one another. Her lips hovered over his as she trailed her hand up his neck and into his hair.

          "—I can't." Those words coming from him made her heart twinge. He suddenly pulled away and stepped out of the car. She bit her lip so hard, she almost drew blood. Without thinking, she too stepped out onto the street.

"Am I that repulsive to you?" Her voice cracked ever so slightly. He stopped in his tracks as she continued on, "I-I just don't understand what I did to make you hate me so much."

Crowley turned around, "I don't—"

"—You made it perfectly clear before that you don't care about me." Her long brown hair swayed with the cool wind as her lashes brimmed with tears.

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed, "Amelia—"

"I'm just an inconvenience to you, I know. And I'm sor—" She was cut off as Crowley suddenly strolled over to her, roughly grabbing her face and pressing his lips against hers. He had never thought he would ever think this, but he needed her. She instantly wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. Their lips moved perfectly in sync, as if they were made for each other.

          "I'm the love that you've looked for,
           write to me, and escape"

Her heart pounded against her chest at the sudden adrenaline that pumped through her veins. He kissed her with a certain hunger not even he recognized. Amelia pulled back to catch her breath, leaning her forehead against his. "You're not an inconvenience to me, love," Crowley breathed out. She looked up to meet his stunning yellow eyes. "You're a blessing."