── xiii,

"IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE"

          "That was a long time ago," Crowley told the angel. He changed the subject, as if he didn't want to talk about it anymore, "We find the boy. My agents can do it."

          "—And then what? We eliminate him?"

          Crowley pressed his lips into a thin line, "Someone does. I'm not personally up for killing kids."

          Amelia crossed her arms as a cool breeze swept past her, "You're not serious, right?" He turned to look at her, noticing her confused and upset expression.

          "You're the demon. I'm the nice one. I don't have to kill children," The angel spoke. Crowley started to speak, but Aziraphale cut him off, "If you kill him, then the world gets a reprieve and Heaven does not have blood on it's hands—"

          "—Oh, no blood on your hands? That's a bit holier-than-thou, isn't it?" Crowley scowled.

          "I am a great deal holier than thou. That's the whole point." Amelia watched as Crowley stepped closer.

          "You should kill the boy yourself. Holi-ly."

      Aziraphale suddenly gasped, "I am not killing anybody."

          "—There has to be another way," Amelia said as she looked between the two of them, "No one needs to kill anyone."

          Crowley let out a frustrated sigh, "This is ridiculous. You're both ridiculous. I don't even know why I'm still talking."

          "Well, frankly, neither do I," Aziraphale shot back.

          Crowley ran a hand through his red hair before turning around, "Enough. I'm leaving."

          "Crowley, y-you can't—" Amelia suddenly said. She didn't know why—but something inside her told her to say something. He turned around to face her. She pressed her hand flat against her stomach and stepped a bit closer, "You can't leave." The darkness from the demon's eyes seemed to subside the tiniest bit.

          "There isn't anywhere to go," Aziraphale chimed in.

          Crowley held his hands out in the air, "It's a big universe—Even if this all ends up in a puddle of burning goo, we can go off together." Amelia's eyes widened slightly as she looked at him.

          "Go off together?" She and the angel questioned in unison.

          "Listen to yourself," Aziraphale said with a light shake of his head.

          "How long have we been friends? Six thousand years!"

"—Friends? We're not friends. We are an angel and a demon. We have nothing whatsoever in common—I don't even like you." He turned to leave but stopped when the demon spoke.

"You do," Crowley scoffed.

"Even if I did know where the Antichrist was, I wouldn't tell you. We're on opposite sides—"

"—We're on our side," Crowley sneered through clenched teeth.

Aziraphale sighed, "There is no "our side," Crowley. Not anymore. It's over." Crowley's face turned expressionless.

"Right," Crowley said whilst nodding his head, "Well, then." His serpentine eyes glanced towards Amelia. He scoffed and turned away, "Have a nice doomsday." The two watched as he strolled down the steps.

          "Crowley," Amelia called after him. She hurried down the stairs and tried to keep up with his long strides.

          "Nope, don't even bother," He said, shutting her down instantly.

          She brushed her hair out of her face, "But—where will you go?"

          "—Like I said, it's a big universe." She clenched her jaw slightly. He wasn't understanding her.

          "But you—" He suddenly stopped, making her collide into his back. She took in a sharp breath as he turned around to get in her face.

          "Did you not hear me before?" He forcefully grabbed her chin to make her look up at him. His tall form towered over her, making her feel completely helpless. "I don't care about you," he snapped.

          "Crowley—" Aziraphale started worriedly.

          "Shut it, angel." His grip on her tightened and it started to hurt. He leaned so close to her, she could feel his breath hit her face. "So it'd be nice if you'd stop talking to me as if we're friends, because we're not," he sneered cruelly, "You're the lousiest inconvenience I've ever had to deal with." Amelia's lip quivered and her eyelashes brimmed with tears. She clenched her jaw and pulled away from his grasp.

           "I'm sorry I've been such an inconvenience to you." Crowley could hear how broken her voice sounded, and for some reason, it tore him to shreds. He watched as she turned to walk away. A feeling at the pit of Amelia's stomach screamed for her to turn back around, but she ignored it.

          Perhaps later on, she'll wish that she should of listened to it.