── xviii,

"EMOTIONALLY DRAINED"

          Amelia's long eyelashes fluttered open, being greeted with the light that cascaded through the window. She slowly sat up, pulling the white sheets further against her bare body. Crowley stood by the window, a blank expression filling his face. Feeling her lingering gaze, his eyes flickered towards her chocolate brown ones.

          "Morning, love." His thick British accent flooded her ears. She smiled, so big her dimples came out of hiding.

          "Good morning," She replied. No way was he going to admit it, but he adored her gorgeous southern twang. The demon stared at her for what felt like eternity. Her hair hung messily in her face and her skin looked as if it were glowing. She looked stunning. And her cute little dimples? Intoxicating.

          His thoughts slowly subsided as he suddenly caught a small glimpse of her neck. A purple, almost black mark rested against her beautiful olive-colored skin. In order to get a better look at what he was seeing, he made his way over towards her. Amelia's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she felt his cool fingers brush her hair out of the way.

          The demon was greeted with a sight that made his heart twinge. Amelia soon noticed what he was looking at. From her neck down towards her collarbone, from her arms to her chest—Bruises resided all over her body. Crowley hesitantly glided his thumb against the bruise on her neck.

          Now, coming to think of it, she was quite sore. Crowley couldn't believe that he had allowed himself to do that to her. She could tell he was troubled, and she wanted nothing more than to reassure him that she was okay—that it didn't matter to her.

          "I-I'm okay." Even after witnessing what he had done to her—she forgives him. He just couldn't understand why.

          "No—I-I should of never done that, not to you—"

          "Crowley—"

          "—I finally find one thing in this whole blasted universe that I actually bloody care about—and then I go and cock it up!" His dark tone shook her to the core, making her flinch a bit. He ran a hand through his hair and turned away. Sliding his coat on, he made his way towards the door.

          "Where are you going?" He ignored her and slammed the door behind him. Amelia sat there at a loss for words. Eventually, she scurried out of the bed and grabbed her silky nightdress. She swiftly threw it on and made her way towards the door. The cool wind blew through her long hair, causing her to shudder uncontrollably. Crowley swung open the door to his Bentley, moving to get in, but Amelia's voice stopped him.

"You're leaving?" The demon turned to look at the girl standing just a little ways before him. Her hands hugged her arms in an attempt to keep herself warm. When he looked at her, the only thing he saw were her bruises—what he had done to her.

"Yes, I am," Crowley stated plainly before hopping into the front seat.

Amelia hurried over towards the window, "Crowley—I-I don't understand, did I do something wrong?"

"—No! For heavens sake, you did nothing wrong!" Crowley snapped, rubbing his face in his hands, "It's better for you if I just leave." Amelia clenched her jaw, her eyelashes starting to brim with hot tears.

"You don't get to make decisions for me," She told him with a light shake of her head. In her opinion, he was blowing everything way out of proportion.

Crowley suddenly stepped back out, "I will not allow myself to do that to you ever again. Unforgivable! That's what I am, Amelia! Why can't you see that?" He leaned over her small frame, "A demon—that's what I am!"

"There's more to you, Crowley," Amelia told him, "—And I know you didn't mean to hurt me." She grabbed his hand, intertwining her fingers with his, "Crowley, I'm okay." The softness of her voice seemed to calm him down—but his mind was still made up.

Crowley suddenly grabbed her face and pressed a longing kiss against her pink lips. Amelia immediately melted into his touch as butterflies formed in the pit of her stomach. His lips fit perfectly with hers, as if they were her missing puzzle piece.

          His smell drowned her completely. The warmth of his body radiated onto her cool skin, making her feel perfectly safe. Crowley pulled away, smoothing her hair behind her ear whilst pressing a sweet kiss to her forehead. Without another word, he turned towards his Bentley.

"Crowley," Amelia started, her voice cracking the tiniest bit. Her heart shattered into a million pieces as he payed her no attention. The Bentley recklessly sped down the road, leaving her all alone to dwell in her thoughts. A single tear fell down her cheek. She didn't know what to do. She was so angry that she had just gave up a part of herself for him—and he turns around and leaves her?

She practically fell to the curb. Her hands tangled up in her hair and she let out a heart-wrenching sob. She was so emotionally drained at this point. Everything ached. The cool wind smacked against her skin, blowing her thin nightdress every which way.

"Amelia?" The sound of someone calling her name made her look up. Her brown orbs widened at the sight in front of her.

Harry.