── iii,

' CAPTIVATING '

' CAPTIVATING '

Dark. That's how Amelia would describe the place she just pulled up to. She was guessing this was his home. Her bike skidded to a stop a little ways from his car, just to be extra safe. She hopped off and tugged her jacket tighter around her body. She adjusted her bag before starting to walk towards what looked like the front entrance. She rose her hand and hovered it over the door.

          "What am I doing..." she mumbled to herself with a sigh. She placed her hand back down and started to turn away—but stopped as she noticed the door was cracked open a tad. "Don't do it, Amelia," she muttered under her breath. She bit her lip as she debated with herself for a second. Finally deciding, she reached over to push the door open. It creaked open loudly, making her mentally cringe.

          Praying he didn't hear that, she slowly stepped inside. The walls were made of concrete, which made it quite chilly. The lights were dim, making it feel mysterious and murky. Her footsteps echoed throughout the long corridor as she walked. She heard a faint voice coming from down the hallway, so she hesitantly followed it.

"Easy job," the voice rasped out. Amelia peeked around the corner to see him, Crowley, sitting on a red throne. "Deliver the Antichrist. Keep an eye on him. Nice, straightforward job, eh?" She eyed him curiously, noticing one thing about him that was different. His sunglasses were gone. "Not the kind of thing any demon is going to screw up, right?" He scoffed as he got up.

Amelia quickly hid from view, holding her breath as he walked right past her. She quickly ducked behind a huge houseplant and peered at him through the thick leaves. Crowley grabbed a spray bottle and started spraying the plants. A scowl formed on his face as he looked towards one in particular.

"Is that a spot? Is it? You know what I've told you all about leaf spots. I will not stand for them!" She flinched at his loud and dark tone. The plants seemed to shake with fear—if that was even at all possible. He picked the small plant up and stared holes into it, "You know what you've done. You've disappointed me."

He shook his head lightly, "Oh, dear. Oh, dear—Everyone! Say goodbye to your friend. He just couldn't cut it." Amelia watched as he started to walk down the hallway. "Now, this is going to hurt you so much more than it will hurt me," he sneered. Amelia sucked in a sharp breath as he suddenly whipped around, "And you guys, grow better!"

His thick, cold accent echoed throughout the hallway. He turned around to walk away—his walk looking very peculiar to Amelia. Deciding that it would probably be best if she left, she released her breath and stood from her hiding spot. But unfortunately, being the clumsy person she is, her back accidentally bumped into one of the plants.

She tried to catch it, but it slipped from her grasp. It crashed to the floor, sending the dirt everywhere. Her eyes widened as big as saucers. She quickly turned around to leave, but she gasped as she knocked into somebody, sending her to the ground with a thud. She glanced up to meet Crowley's yellow snake eyes that seemed to pierce right through her. Her lips parted slightly as she stared up at him.

"I-I was just—I-" she stammered over her words nervously. She didn't know what to say, or what to do. The way he towered over her form made her feel helpless. She held her breath as he slowly bent down to her eye level.

"How did you," he started, reaching over to brush a piece of hair out of her face, "Get in here, hm?" She shivered at the way his fingers brushed against her skin.

          "T-The door was open," she answered softly, as if her voice had gone out, "I-I'm sorry, I'll just leave—" She was cut off as he shushed her.

          "You're not going anywhere, doll." He stood from the ground and snapped his fingers, "Get up." Without control of her body, she did just that. "Look at me," he sneered. She tilted her head to look at him, her pupils widening as she met his eyes. "Tell me, love. Why were you following me?"

          Her lips started to move without her permission, "I was curious." He narrowed his eyes and leaned forward.

          "Why?"

          "Because I—" Amelia tried her best to forcefully keep her mouth shut.

          "Go on," he purred. She bit her lip and shifted her gaze somewhere else. He clenched his jaw slightly. "Tell me," he growled, grabbing her chin forcefully to make her look at him.

          "I don't have to tell you anything." He raised an eyebrow at her. No one has ever been able to avoid his powers before—nevertheless talk back to him.

          "What's your name?" Crowley questioned.

          "Amelia Morris." She wasn't forced into telling him, she just wanted too for some reason.

          A small smirk tugged at his lips, "Well, Miss Amelia—" He tilted her chin up even more and leaned in. She stared into his snake eyes, seemingly captivated. His face turned into a scowl. "Get out." His harsh tone snapped her back to reality immediately. She pulled her bag over her shoulder, quickly getting up and scurrying back down the hallway. "Pray I don't see you again, love." She gulped nervously at his words.

          He didn't have to tell her twice.