── vii,

🎶 Another one bites the dust 🎶

          "Is there some other way of locating him?" Aziraphale asked. Queen was currently playing on the radio, breaking the thick tension that hung in the air.

          Crowley sighed deeply, "How the heaven should I know? Armageddon only happens once, you know. You don't get to go round again until you get it right." Amelia held onto the seat, as did Aziraphale because of his reckless driving. "But I know one thing—if we don't find him, it won't be the war to end all wars. It'll be the war to end everything." Amelia gulped back a lump in her throat and shifted her gaze outside. Her chocolate brown eyes scanned the trees as her mind drifted off.

"There's a very peculiar feeling to this whole area," Aziraphale said after a while.

"I don't feel anything out of the ordinary."

"—But it's everywhere. All over here." Aziraphale suddenly gasped, "Love. Flashes of love."

Crowley scoffed, "You're being ridiculous. Last thing we need right now is—" The car suddenly rammed into something, or somebody, causing Crowley to slam on the breaks. Whatever they hit flew off towards the side of the road.

"You hit someone," Aziraphale muttered in disbelief. Crowley turned to look at them. Amelia's face held a look of fright. Her eyes were wide and her lips were parted slightly. Strands of her brown hair perfectly framed her face. Crowley almost liked the way she looked when she was frightened. Something about this girl made him feel a feeling he had never felt before. Hence the fact that he's a demon and isn't supposed to feel anything.

"I-I didn't. Someone hit me." Amelia immediately jumped out of the car, making Crowley sigh. Aziraphale followed after her, as did Crowley—eventually.

"Let there be light," Aziraphale said with a snap of his fingers. A bright light shone down on them from the sky, lighting up the woodsy area.

The woman let out a groan, "How the hell did you do that?" Crowley snapped his fingers, making the light fade into darkness. "I think I hit my head." Aziraphale bent down towards her and ran a hand over her broken arm, instantly cracking the bones back into place.

"That's it. No broken bones." Aziraphale helped her stand from the ground. Crowley walked over to his dented car, running a hand over it to pop the top back—showing no interest whatsoever at the girl he had just hit.

"My bike," she muttered whilst holding her head. Aziraphale picked up her bike, and in a blink of an eye, it was back to normal.

          "Amazingly resilient, these old machines," Aziraphale said, as if he didn't just fix her bike with angel magic. "Where do you need to get to?"

          "No, no—We're not giving her a lift," Crowley sneered, shutting him down instantly.

          "But—you cant just leave her here," Amelia protested, her soft voice flowing through his ears like butter.

          Crowley snapped his eyes to her, "Watch it, doll—or I'll leave you here, too."

          "Nonsense, Crowley. Everyone's getting in the car," Aziraphale ordered.

          "Out of the question. There's no where to put the bike."

          "Except for the bike rack." Aziraphale made one miraculously appear on the back of the Bentley. Crowley narrowed his eyes at the angel. "Do get in, dear." Aziraphale helped her walk up to the car. Crowley brushed by Amelia's shoulder as he got into the front seat. Azirapahle got into the back with the woman—so Amelia got into the passengers side.

"So, where are we taking you?" Aziraphale asked.

"Back to the village. I'll give you directions," she answered. Amelia buckled up, because safety first. Especially with Crowley driving. "Take a left at the next turn." She looked at Amelia and tilted her head slightly, "I'm Anathema." Noticing that she was talking to her, Amelia spoke up.

          "Oh, uh, I-I'm Amelia." She outstretched her hand for her to shake, which she did.

          "You're American too? Where'd you come from?" Crowley rolled his eyes, seemingly already irritated with their small talk. It was as if Amelia couldn't do anything right.

          "Texas. Born and raised," Amelia said with a small smile, her accent showing through a bit.

          "Oh—I've been there before," Anathema started, "It's...different."

          Amelia chuckled softly, "It's one of a kind." Anathema scooted a bit closer towards the edge of the seat.

          "And the barbecue there—uh, so good. I—" Anathema was suddenly cut off.

          "—It's kind of hard to concentrate on the road when you two won't shut up," Crowley sneered while tightening his grip around the stirring wheel. Amelia immediately shut her mouth and turned back around in her seat. She bit the inside of her lip nervously.

          The car grew silent as Anathema eyed them hesitantly, "You can drop me off here." Crowley pulled the car around to a quaint cottage and parked. She grabbed her stuff and started to get out. Aziraphale held her hand—as a gentlemen should—and helped her up the steps. The car was completely silent. Crowley let out a dramatic sigh and leaned against the head rest. Amelia bit her lip as she stared at him. His face was expressionless and he looked almost peaceful.

"I can feel you staring at me," he exclaimed whilst still keeping his eyes closed.

She turned away quickly, "S-Sorry." He peeked one eye at her and furrowed his brows.

"What is it with you, hm?"

"M-me?" Her brown eyes landed on his dark sunglasses—and she could just barely see the yellow tint behind them.

          Crowley leaned over towards her, "Yes, you." His husky voice sent chills down her spine. She furrowed her eyebrows as she thought of what to say.

          "I'm n-not sure," she answered, taking in a sharp breath as his cool fingers brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. Her heart beat quickened as she stared back at the demon. His piercing eyes gazed down towards her pink lips while he enticingly licked his own. He hated to admit it—but he so desperately wanted to know what they tasted like. Shaking the thoughts away, he pulled back and leaned out of the car.

          "Hurry up, angel!" Aziraphale did what he was told and hurried. He hopped in the back seat and smiled warmly at Amelia. She couldn't help but occasionally glance at Crowley every now and then. She was intrigued by him—dare she say practically hooked.