Chapter 1

This ride is taking forever but I should be home in four hours or so thank god. Of course, it's pitch black out other than the moon shining high in the sky which is at times cover by clouds since its pouring down rain so it's hard to tell. We passed a driveway that was pitch black as it seems neverending with rood surrounding it. It's not a road I would go down that's for sure. About five minutes after we passed the road the car started to make a funny noise and smile came from the hood making Jake pull over and shut it off.

We waited for a good ten minutes before Jake restarted it or at least he tried to but of course, it didn't start and it's pouring down rain so he will never get out to look the car like he should. He tried another a time but he failed to making him say "What now."

We could see if there is a house back on that road or some help making me say "What about that road back there."

Lily said, "I'm not going it raining and who knows if anyone's there."

My ex said, "You mentioned it so you should go look."

He would say the making me say "Really but it's cold and raining."

"So."

"So you not making her."

"Just go Nova."

I hate them all making me open the door and say, "Fuck all three of you."

Jake starts to say something but I slammed the door shut and left for the road. Once I reached the road I wrapped my arms around me to try and keep warm as I started down it. I'm soaking wet and I'm freezing cold but this road is never-ending and woods scream death.

The woods are deadly silent and it drives me up a wall. I started turning around to go back but I found a small gate covered in vines making me walk over and go inside. Once inside the gate, I got a better look at the house to see it was a mansion in fact. It's big but I can't make out any detail with it being so dark. This place gives me bad vibes but I need to get some help so I can get home away from them.

I quickly found a door and knocked softly to get some help. I wrapped my arms around myself to get warm but it is freezing cold out and I'm soaking wet which makes it hard. Three minutes passed so I started to leave but the door opened to reveal a man who I can't really get a good look at him with it being night.

"What do you want?"

"Our car broke down I was hoping you had a phone we could use."

He started to say something but someone grabs his shoulder and said: "I'm afraid we don't but you and whoever you're with may come in."

The man looked at him and shook his head making him say "As you wish, master. Miss get inside to get warm and I will go get your friends."

I walked in and said, "Thank you but they're not my friends."

He shook his head and left as the other man said: "Follow me."

I shook my head as he leads me to the front of the house. I guess I went to the side door but this place is too big to tell and it's so dark in here making me say "How can you see anything?"

He wrapped his arms around me and said: "Just stay close we are almost to the main house."

He is way to close but I don't need to hurt myself by tripping on something on top of being freezing cold so I shook my head and went along. Once we were at the main house I saw the man and found was handsome. He had jet black hair with a strong jawline.

I am soaking wet and cold so I need to get dryer off making me take my jacket off as I said "Do you have a towel and blanket."

He took his jacket off and handed it me making shake my head say "I'm soaked and I don't want to ruin your jacket."

"I have plenty of jackets and if you don't get dry you will get sick."

He touched my cheek and said, "We don't want that."

He may be hot but he is creepy making me swallow hard and wrap his jacket around me. He just smiled and started to say something but the man from early came in with Jake, Lily, and Maria. Lily looked at the man with lust and said: "Thank you so much for helping us."

I rolled my eyes as Jake said: "You're soaked."

"Wonder why you made me go out in the rain."

He started to say something the man said "It has been a long night and I'm sure you all need to rest. Plus you need to get dry."

I looked at him and said, "I have no dry clothes so it does matter."

"I might have something you can wear. It was a close friend of mine but I haven't seen her in years so you can use them."

I smiled and said, "I would love that thank you."

He shook his head and said, "Good Mark show them to there room and I will hers."

"We just need a phone."

"I'm afraid there isn't one here and my road is most likely washed out until the storm is over."

"It was just clear."

"I doubt it is now but be my guest go look."

"Nova can stay with me."

Like hell, I am making me look at him and say "Like hell, I'm sharing a room with my cheating ex, the person you slept with which was supposed to be my best friend or the women that knew but didn't tell me."

He started to say something but the man said: "Look I'm tired just like I'm sure you are so you can talk more tomorrow."

I could tell we were going nowhere making me say "I'm tired Jake so just stop."

He started to say something but the man gently grabbed my arm and lead me up the stairs until we hit a room making him open the door to wave me in making me walk in. Once I was in the room see the room I saw it had king size bed with blue sheet and a comforter to match. There was a desk near the window and two door one either side of the bookshelf in the center of the room across from the bed. I can only guess ones a bathroom and the other closet making turn to the door but the man was gone.

I turned back to the desk an walked over to go threw but I heard a cough from the doorway making me stop to see that man again. I bite my lip and said, "Sorry."

He smiled and said, "Don't be for now; this is your room, and here are your clothes."

He laid them on the bed, making me walk over and see some very beautiful dresses, short but beautiful. I grab a shirt that looked like his making him say, "I have no nightgown for you, so I hope that works."

Not really, but I'm not going to tell him that making me say, "Of course, thank you."

He shook his head and started to leave, but I still don't know his name making me say, "Wait, what's your name."

"Drake."

"Thank you, and I hope you don't mind if I take a shower."

"Like I said, this room is yours."

"Thank you."

He just shook his head and shut the door as he left. I don't want to wear his shirt but have no nightgowns, and my underwear is drenched, so it needs to dry. I suppose I have no choice making me grab his shirt and go to the bathroom to strip off my clothes to take a hot shower.

Once I was done I died off and buttoned his shirt up as I did, I grabbed my clothes to go into the bedroom where Jake was making me say, "What are you doing here."

"Checking on you and what are you wearing."

"I have no nightgowns, and my underwear is soaking wet, so he gave me his shirt."

"You could have had mine."

"I would choose his over your every time now leave."

"Please, can we talk."

"Talk about how you slept with my best friend how about no Jake. I'm tired Jake so just go away, and we will talk tomorrow."

He sighs, but for once he did as I asked, leaving me alone in this room. I hung my clothes out and crawled into bed to go fast asleep, not knowing I was being watched.