Chapter 6

I shoot up from the bed and looked around to see I was alone making me lay back down and grab my head. I'm losing my mind. I slowly sat up and pull the covers back but as I did I saw something on my thigh making me pull my nightgown up a bit and see two fangs marks.

In my dream, that's where he bit but it was just a dream yet I have marks where he bit me. We need to get out of here but how is the question. I slipped out of bed and grabbed a T-shirt with jeans as well as a red bra and thong set. Once in hand, I took a quick shower and got dressed.

I dried my hair off as best as I could and once I was done I put it up in a ponytail and left to find Jake. I was fine at first but as I keep walk down these stairs my energy is draining making me stop at sit on the steps. I put my head in my hands and just took a deep breath.

These dreams and that women mean something but what it points to is him being a vampire which isn't possible or I don't think it is. I felt someone behind me making me turn and see Mark who said: "Are you OK."

"Yes, I'm just tired."

"Do you need any help."

I stood up and said, "No I'm fine."

He shook his head and left to find everyone but I only found Jake and Lily making me say "Where is Maria."

"She never came back yesterday."

I sat on the couch and said: "What do you mean."

"She never came back and I checked her room it hasn't been used."

"Did you go look for her."

"No, it's too dark out."

"Lily if you hadn't noticed it always dark here."

She rolled her eyes at me as Jake said: "Maybe she found a ride and is getting help."

"Maybe but we need to get out of here I want to go home."

"I second that."

Jake started to say something but we heard a voice say "I have no phone as I said and the nearest town is three hours away in a car."

We turned and saw Drake making Jake say "So what are we stuck here."

"I have a friend who comes over once a month you can go with him but unless you wish to walk your stuck here."

Drake didn't look happy when he said that making me say "Look we are stuck here so let's just get along and go find Maria."

"If she was in the forest all night she won't be alive. Many things live in those woods and none of those are nice so it best you think she found a ride."

I started to say something but he left first making me let a sigh of relief out because he wasn't happy. I looked at Jake and said "I think it's best we don't anger him Jake and he is right those woods aren't safe. If she has been gone all-night then something must have happened."

"Dammit Nova. What should we do."

I stood up and said "What can we do right now. Just relax and stay close together I guess."

I got up and left for my room to relax. Once in my room, I sat on the bed because I have no idea what to. Normal I'm the calm and cool one that has the answers to anything but not this time. I feel so weak and vulnerable. This place brings up a past I want to forget and it makes me feel broken. I didn't eat breakfast but I'm not hungry. Hell, the only thing I have eaten here is breakfasts but I have lost my appetite.

I laid back on the bed and just looked at the ceiling for a bit until I heard my door open making say "You could knock you know."

I sat up and saw Maria cover in blood. She was back and blue with small cuts on her body making me rush over to her and kneel down as I said: "What happened Maria."

"We need to leave before he kills us."

She means Drake but how this is his house and we have no ride. I touched her head and said, "We will but we need to get you clean."

She shook her head no and said: "No we need to leave now."

I started to say something but someone said: "Is everything OK."

I saw Drake as Maria whimpered softy making me say "Yes Maria just got home and I need to clean her up so if you don't mind."

He looked at her than me to say "O really so she didn't tell you need to run."

"I......ummmmmm maybe but I need to the care of her first so again if you don't mind."

I grabbed her check softy to get a look at her cheek but Drake grabbed my hair and said: "So she didn't tell you that I did that to her."

I whimpered because he is hurting my head making me say "That hurts Drake."

He pulled me to feet and said "Answer Nova."

I grabbed his hand and whimpered "Yes."

"Good girl," he said making him throw me into the wall with a thud. I groaned and grabbed my back as I laid on the floor. Drake walked over to me and said: "Go to sleep."

I started to say something but Maria jumped on his back making him stand up and throw her across the room. I stood up and went to check on her but Drake pushed me into the wall making me hit my head. I grabbed my head as he pinned me between the wall and his body.

He cupped my face and made me look at him as he said: "Go to sleep."

"No."

He sighed and said, "Why must you fight me, Nova, it gets you nowhere."

He started to say something but again Maria jumped on him as she said: "Run."

I shouldn't but I did because there is nothing I can do. I ran down to the second floor and into a bedroom by the looks of it. I locked the door and went into the closet where I hid behind the clothes. I heard the door open as Drake said: "Don't make this hard Nova."

I covered my mouth and closed my eyes. The room was deadly silent as I kept my eyes closed but before I could do anything Drake grabbed my arm and pulled me up. I opened my eyes to find his blood red making me try and get out of his arms but he just threw me in the bedroom.

I landed on my back and head making me roll over on my stomach as I grabbed my head. I groan as I heard Drake growl. I propped myself up on my elbows and look at Drake who got in front of me. He grabbed my chin and said, "Go to sleep now."

This time I couldn't stop my body from submitting to him and go to sleep not to wake till nightfall.