Chapter 4

I shot up from bed covered in sweat and shaking. I felt someone wrap their arms around me and embrace me. I couldn't help but lean into the arms because I'm scared of this place and of him. The dream felt so real. I felt someone pet my hair as they said: "Calm down your safe."

I knew it was Drake right away making me get out of his arms and say "How did you get in here I locked the door."

"It wasn't locked, Nova."

I never told him my name but I suppose he heard Jake call me that making me just shake my head and say "Did you need something."

"Breakfast is ready and I'm sure your very hungry."

No, not really but I need to eat making me say "Right let me get dressed."

He shook his head and left me. Once the door was shut I got up slowly and grabbed my head because this place makes me so confused. I have never had time lapses ever or memory loss and these dreams are so vivid they feel real. I got out of bed slowly and grabbed a black dress with a deep V-neck. It was tight and short making me grab the cover Drake got me yesterday to wrap around me.

Once I was done I walked into the restroom and looked at my neck which was very red making me touch it but it didn't hurt so that's good. The bandage was gone like I didn't even have it on which I did. Ugh. I quickly grabbed a bandage to replace it before I slipped my shoes on and left for the dining room. Once at the stairs I stopped because I still feel tired and weak.

God, I hate being so weak but I have no idea why unless I'm getting a cold which wouldn't surprise me seeing how I was soaking wet in the cold not two days ago. I grabbed the railing as I started to go downstairs but before I got anywhere I felt someone grab my arm and say "Do you need any help."

I looked to see Drake making me say "I think I'm fine."

I started down the stairs as I kept a tight hold on the staircase but just three steps in Drake got in front of me and said: "There are two more flight of stairs till we are downstairs since we are three story's up."

"One step at a time."

He looks me dead in the eye and before I knew it I was downstairs making me look around to say "How did I get here."

Drake sat me down and said, "You asked me to carry you."

I looked at him and said, "No I didn't."

He touched my cheek and said, "Yes you did."

I just closed my eyes and said: "I need to eat."

He shook his head and said, "You know where the dining room is or do you need help."

"No, I will be fine."

I quickly left him and went into the dining room where I saw Jake and them. I sat down and leaned on the table as I grabbed my head. I felt a hand on my back making me turn and see Jake who said: "You don't look good."

"I just want to get home."

"It finally stopped raining so I will go look at the car."

I sat back and said "You don't know anything about cars.............I will go look at it so I can grab some of my clothes."

"Nova."

"Nova what Jake."

He walked back over and sat down. I know he is just being nice and I'm being cruel but I have a right to be with what he did to me. He is the one that made me feel so weak and vulnerable. I feel broken just like I did when I was little and he knew that. He knew my past but he still did this to me.