Chapter 8

Dream

I found my self in a hallway making me look around to see a mirror. I walked over and found I had a black cloak on to cover me or hid me but from what. Just as I thought that my body acted on its own accord and walk down the hallway that is light with just candles.

Once I hit a room I opened it and found Drake making love to another woman making me try and leave but I'm stuck in place. I looked behind me them to the bed once more but I found Drake asleep on the bed with the women laying next to him. She was human by the color of her skin so why is she here.

I just watched as she left his arm and grabbed something from under the bed. The minute I saw it was a stake making me cover my mouth to keep quiet. I want to stop her but why because I shouldn't. She went the stab him but he grabbed her hand and opened his eyes as he said: "Did you really think you could kill me, love."

He called her love so why would she try and kill him but before I could say or do anything Drake threw across the room. I turned to her as Drake stalked to her. He pinned her to the wall as he said: "Did you think I didn't know what you were doing or are you that dumb."

She didn't have any fear in her eyes as she said "What did you think I would do. You kill my friends."

He didn't even say anything because he just snapped her neck making me cover my mouth and look at him as he vanished. I walked over to the women and saw she was the one in the woods and in the fire but why I'm I seeing this. I went to touch her but she grabbed my wrist making me jump back and fall on my butt.

The hood I had on fell as she got up and said: "I warned you."

"About what."

"Drake."

I stood up and said, "Running from a vampire in the middle of nowhere is in possible but why are you human."

"What do you mean."

"You are human but he wants to turn me so why didn't he turn you."

Her look changed but after a second a voice said: "Because you can't betray me."

I turned and saw Drake as the women said: "How did you get here."

"My blood is in her veins and you tried to reach her last night. I'm not dumb. I knew you would tonight but I have to say the memory you choose is different."

"I'm just showing her how you are."

"She knows that now leave because you won't have her."

I threw my hands up and said: "Can I have a say in this."

"No, and tonight Vivian will be the last night you spend on this earth."

"You wouldn't dare do that to her."

He pushed her against the and whispered something but I can't make it out. I started to walk over to them but before I could Drake stabbed her and the minute he did I woke up before I could see what really happened.

Dream end

I shot up from the bed and looked around to see Drake still asleep. I grabbed the back of my head and just closed my eyes.  What did she mean he won't dare do that to me and what did he mean this would be her last. She is dead she should be gone already.

I laid back down and groan because my life was so peaceful before this trip. It wasn't perfect but it was quite away from the family hate. I doubt they will even care if I never come back and neither would anyone else because the only people that I thought cared about me betrayed me.

I'm alone which I'm used to but I shouldn't be used to that. I should have friends and family that love me not treat me like crap. I feel so fucking weak here and I feel broken from the past it bring with it. I don't want to stay here but I don't think I have a choice in the matter.

I looked to my left and saw Drake was gone making me sit up to see him at his desk. I just looked at him as I said: "What are you doing."

He did even look at me as he said: "Go tell your friends your not feeling welling and you will be in bed for the next three days."

"Why."

He looked at me with his crimson red-eyes as he growled: "Just do it, Nova."

I whimpered softly and put my head down. I heard him sigh as he continued to go through his desk and as he did I slowly slipped off the bed and walked over to my bag which I found on a chair. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a long sleeve to wear.

I got changed slowly because my body is still killing me making me sit back down on the bed to relax. I felt Drake crawl over my making me open my eyes as he said: "It will only take a minute, so get it over with Nova."

I shook my head making him get off of me as he left for his desk once more. I quickly left his room and went downstairs where I found them in the living room. Jake looked at me making me say "I am going to relax for the next couple of days so don't worry about me."

I started to leave but Jake said: "Wait, Nova we were thinking about leaving."

I turned to them and said, "You can't with Maria in her condition."

"I will carry her."

I walked over and sat on the couch as I said: "How far away is town though Jake."

"Fine Lily and I will go while Maria and you stay here."

"We should say together."

Jake stood up and said, "We are getting help so just hang in for a bit."

I couldn't say anything because Lily and Jake left leaving Maria alone. They won't get far but what if they do get help. Would it matter? I grabbed my head as I closed my eyes because my head is spinning. Someone touched my shoulder making me look up to see Mark making me say "Sorry did you need something."

"Master is waiting."

I shook my head and left him with Maria. It took me a bit but finally, I made it up to Drake's room which was empty making me lay down on the bed. I'm so sick of just sleeping it's not funny. I crawled in the middle of the bed and laid faced first on the bed but the minute I did I regretted it because I felt someone lay over me.

I turned around and saw Drake who said: "Where were you."

"I did as you asked it just took me a bit to get back up here."

He didn't say anything as he leaned down to my neck and said: "This will only hurt for a second."

I started to say something but I felt a sharp pain in my neck making me groan and try to move him but he didn't budge an inch. After a second it stopped just like it always does and my body went numb to everything. I can feel my body fading as he fed and soon enough I couldn't fight the darkness that took. Little did I know I would have rather stayed asleep.