Chapter - 6

Shattered Dreams; She wouldn't even say good-bye.

A love Story ❤️❤️
By; mike hurley

Based on the TV series Heartland on CBC

Chapter 6 / 'RMCP'

Amy had her arms full of stuff; rope, 2 lead ropes, a harness, fly spray, hoof ointment, a tube of eye ointment, a new brush, 8 leg wraps, and a new purple turtleneck for her. Amy was beginning to change her look just a tad to reflect a woman free from a man who cheated on her.

Just as she set it on the counter at Maggie's, she dropped it all in the floor. She was already tired from tossing & turning all night. Now, she was embarrassed as she reached down to pick everything up. A pair of clean but worn men's boots stopped right next to her. A pair of soft but large & strong male hands helped pick everything up. Thank you, she smiled into the eyes of a tall & well built young man. He wore a rodeo buckle and a cute smile, and she was certain his name was not Ty.

No worries!! He said. Have you used that brand of eye ointment before? He asked. Um...yes, ....Carters; my mom always used Carters. Ah, good!! I'm looking for a good brand. Amy heard his proper British accent, and quickly saw he was way beyond cute. She  sized him up........ Late 20's, very polite, yet quiet and confident, and funny. Is anyone working here? Have you seen Soraya?? I've been standing & waiting for nearly 15 minutes. Amy smiled and said; well yes, she should be here somewhere! I'll check in the kitchen. She turned, bumped into the wall and hit her head hard on open display case. The room spun & she felt sick to her stomach. The man wrapped an arm around her and led her to the sofa. Moments later the young man returned with a wet towel and wiped blood off her temple. Then applied a dab of anti-bacterial cream and a bandage. She slumped into the sofa and took some deep breaths. The man returned & held a glass of water for her & insisted she have a drink. Next he slipped off his leather jacket & laid it over her. He sat down next to her and asked how she was. Is your stomach upset?  Yes, a little. But I'm fine!! She went to stand up and lost her balance & fell into him. He caught her and helped her sit down and again & put his coat back over her.

She heard him call to Soraya, this young lady hit her head on that case, can you get me some chopped ice for her to sip on??

Amy!! Soraya exclaimed as she brought the ice. I see you've met my new neighbor. I'm afraid we haven't been properly introduced. The man said.

Well ok!!! Amy Fleming, meet Heath Cutrell. Heath, this is Amy. So...... you & Amy know each other?? Heath asked.  Soraya smiled real big & gave Heath a push!! Get out Heath!! What?? He explained. I need to get out?? Why??

Soraya whispered loudly into his ear, it's an expression Heath!! Amy and I have been best friends since grade 2!!  Well checkers!! That is a long time!! He said. Amy was feeling better & sat up. Heath slipped the glass of ice into her hand & said; here, chew on this, it relaxes stomach spasms.

So Amy, Heath is my neighbor, he's staying with his Aunt; you remember the Marcell family  with the Hanoverian pony!! Amy smiled and mumbled yes through the ice. They visited and laughed & told funny stories for a few minutes.
Soraya went to ring up a customer & Amy carefully stood up, & paid for her things. She whispered to Soraya to meet her in the ladies room.....

Amy grabbed her friends hand and said; he's adorable!! I want him!! In fact, can you gift wrap him for me??  I want to open him up in my bedroom!! Soraya rolled her eyes. I'm kidding!! Amy said.

Soraya smiled at Amy then said; I know you and Ty are going through a rough spot, but seriously why are you drooling over Heath?? What would Ty say?? Amy sighed and said; Ty who?? That bad?? Yes!!  I've moved on, we are so done. He can't be trusted Soraya.
But tell me, is Heath nice?? The best Amy. I've known him on and off since he was a boy. Heath is a gentleman!! An adorable gentleman!! Amy added.  Hey, stop hyper ventilating!! She just a man.  Well if I were to someday date this guy, who is just a man, and I do mean someday. Would he sneak off and kiss another girl??  Heath?? No way!!  He is like one of those Middle Ages Knights of the Round Table or whatever dudes. If he dated you Amy, he would never even notice another girl!!
That good eh?? Yes!! Heath is that good!!
But promise me to take it real slow. He's too nice for a girl like you to rebound on him. Promise me Amy!! I promise!!