Chapter - 49

Shattered Dreams
Chapter 49 / A Ride Home
By: Mike Hurley

A whippoorwill stood on Marion's gravestone and sang a morning serenade to his Creator.
It was a beautiful song, his father had taught him, when he was but a wee tiny bird. He looked at the majestic Rocky Mountains as the early sunlight suddenly illuminated snow on the mountains highest peaks.

In a moment, his mate, fluttered to his side and quietly groomed his feathers. He was a mess she was thinking. They stood for a few minutes, looking all around and enjoying each other's company. They had only been a couple for over a week. He looked at her quietly and in his tiny bird mind, he loved her, and was thankful he was no longer all alone.

Next, the whippoorwill stood close to his bride, and sang her a song.
It was the most beautiful song she had ever heard!! He poured his heart into his performance.....working hard to inform her of his devotion and admiration.

Somehow, she understood the basic tenants of love too. She snuggled up against him and enjoyed being with the male she loved.

In a few minutes, they saw two Ford trucks approaching with 4 humans; in the distance a Range Rover followed with a woman inside. The birds flew away to spend the day gathering twigs for a nest.

The female whippoorwill was pregnant; and the Creators instructions was encoded into their DNA. Their minds told them to begin building a nest together.

🦋🦋🦋

A cargo truck with the name;

'Hudson Stone & Monument'

was parked outside the little cemetery's gate. Mrs Belle, Stumpy, Stumpy's wife and Val Stanton stood near by. It was a pretty morning. They came for Jack, and for Lyndy too. They all fondly remembered Lyndy!!

Jack admired the new stone, and said; Norman, and Josh.....thank-you!! It looks really nice!! It's a pretty monument!! Long overdue.
Now everyone will know, Lyndy & I had a son.
He was Marion's brother, and she never knew of him either.

Josh ran to the work truck for some car polish and rags. He careful shined the black stone till it shone like a mirror. When he was finished, Jack's eyes grew misty. He looked at the new gravestone and saw his reflection,
right over the engraved words......

Tyler Bartlett

Always in Our Hearts

Son of Jackson & Lyndy Bartlett

Psalm 23:6

What verse is that Jack??

I'm not sure Stumpy, it was one of Lyndy's favorites. She had her bible open to it the day she passed.
So I asked they put it on Tyler's Stone, you know, like Lyndy had something on the stone she liked too. She's probably here with us right now.....her and Marion, and of course.....Tyler.

He was a good boy Jack!!

Yes he certainly was.......

🦋🦋🦋

Later that day.......

Here, let me get the door Jack...

Thanks Rascal!! Say hi to Kate for me.

I will; ......you going to be ok installing this alternator by yourself Jack.....you're pretty out of breath!! You feeling ok?

I'm be fine, thanks.....Walter's boy is coming over to change it out, I'm just getting the part for him. I should just buy a new tractor one of these days!!