Chapter 17 : Psychic!

"A psychic ?" Ella repeated , and josh nodded

"Really? A Psychic?" This time she said it in a judgy tone , is that what he was thinking he was , someone had to explain.to him how meta genes work ..

"I'm not kidding !" He said looking at the judgy eyes she was giving him ..

"Look , there's no such thing " Ella said to him fully convinced ..

"If I wasn't a psychic , how would I know , you just thought about someone named Clark " he said to her with precision and she turned around sharply , how did he know she was thinking about clark and his stories of how he met a kid when he was young , who was psychic ..

"Oh and A kid ?" He added with questioning eyes ..

"How did you ?" She was dumbfounded by that , but that didn't take her mind off of the fact that , even if he was a psychic or whatever , how can he still know what she was thinking. He was in meta cuff ,

"How can you use your powers with the cuffs onn ?" She took a step back from him , ready to defend herself ..

Josh cursed himself , he forgot , he should not be able to use powers with that thing on , or atleast not tell people that he could use'em with these onn ..

"Woah , relax , I'm not going to attack you or anything " he said , defending himself so that she won't attack ..

"How do I know that ?" ,

"If I wanted to , I would have " he raised his hands in surrender .. she though to herself and he was right , if he wanted to. He had plenty of chances ..

"Okay ! Answer ! How are you able to do... I don't know ... psychic things ?" She asked whatever came to her mind ..

"I'm not a traditional meta human , i was born this way , I had powers , I could read minds , sometimes have visions , just casual psychic stuff " he paused

"Yeah , sounds casual" Ella coughed..

"After the incident with the particle accelerator , my powers were ...... enhanced " he said finding the right words ..

Ella raised her eyebrows "enhanced ?"

"Suddenly , I could , move things with my mind , turn anyone unconscious with focus , I could tap into other people's memories , erase them , change them and much more damaging things " he explained to her everything that he knew about himself ..

"Wow " was all she could say , it was something so cool to have , power to read minds , alter memories ..

"My parents , didn't make it for long ... they died when I was 4, after I discovered my powers , I volunteered at a rehab center for ptsd .. I tried helping people and I did , untill my uncle showed up and dragged me away .. "

Ella looked at him , feeling his story , she knew somehow he was telling her the truth ..

"I never wanted this life , Nora , I really didn't " he said with sadness .. and Ella felt that sadness untill she realized he had called her nora ..

"Wait , why did you call me that?" She asked , startled and stumbling ..

"That's your real name isn't it ? " he smirked this time .. he was enjoying amusing her every 2 sec ..

"No , it's not " she defended , still trying to play her part and pretend..

"Psychic , remember ?" He winked at her ..

She chuckled nervously , but then sat down on a chair with him , a little freaked out "What eles do you know ?" She asked like a kid on sugar rush ..