Chapter 19: A Strange Bond

"Are you sure you're okay ?" Ella repeated her question for probably the 10th time since she got home ..  it was now bothering caitlin , it  passed sweet concern and landed on border line weird..

"Why do you keep asking me that ?" Caitlin finally broke and asked her ..

Ella looked at Caitlin's plate , and pointed "you haven't eaten anything " ,she said and caitlin realized and looked at her plate and it was untouched

"And we've been sitting at the table for 30 minutes " Ella pointed at the time this time ..

Caitlin sighed , she was not okay , of course there was so much in her head that needed to be sorted out , but she had no idea where to start ..

"I'm just not hungry , Ella , I should clean this up " she said standing up covering her plate with another and picking it up ..

Ella held her hand and stopped her "you know what , I'll clean this up , you should rest , you look tired " she gave caitlin a weak smile , which caitmin reciprocated "you sure ?" She asked Ella
Ella noded "yeah"

"Thank you " caitlin said and walked to her room and shut the door after saying good night ..

"I never knew , it was this hard " Ella said to herself and smiled ..

She was humming some unknown tune and cleaning the kitchen when her phone rang ..

She looked at the caller id , she smiled but the she remembered something from earlier ..

it was something she didn't was important to her ever ... but her heart really wanted to call him today .. so she did "Hey Dad  "  she said in a teasing tone , so that barry wouldn't think.too much about it .. but in her heart she was so satisfied  ..

Barry sighed "ha ha , very funny " barry chuckled a little , but he had noidea how much it meant for her to call him that , her eyes grew a little wet when she said that ..

"Whats up ?" She asked holding her emotions through a wall ..

"I wanted to check up on caitlin ? She's not answering my calls ?" He said, he sounded worried but ge was trying to hide it ..

"She's resting , she's okay I guess " Ella was also unsure what to say at this point , was she supposed to say anything at all ..

"Wait , if she's not answering her cellphone , why aren't you wooshing in here " she asked with confusion on her face

Barry was alittle taken back by this , she was right though , if any otherday it had happened , barry would've been in that house instead of calling Ella ..

"I thought I should check with you first" he tried to make an excuse in the most Barry Way possible ..

"Ri-gh-t " she said almost mocking him ..

"How's iris doing ? " Ella asked him ,

" She's alright , she slept after dinner " he replied ..

"So how was she , really ?" He asked again before Ella could say anything ..

"She was disturbed I guess .. I don't know " Ella said being honest .. caitlin did seem disturb , she knew that it had to something with what happened yesterday with the whole fiasco , but she felt like she was missing something ..

Ella waited for him to speak , but there wasn't anyone on the otherside anymore .. and she realized just then ..

"of cousrse " she rolled her eyes , and sped up to unlock the door and open it , in that same second barry whooshed in ..