010 - Loki imagine - Late night visitor

Imagine : Loki coming to you for comfort

It was a humid night in June when he arrived, unexpected, at your front door. You hadn't seen him in years; he'd been busy in Asgard with his father, still trying to gain his approval even after years of being overlooked. 

When you met his bright green eyes, shadowed by sadness in the dying light of the street lamps that lined the road, you knew you had to take him in no matter what. You pulled him into the hallway and embraced him before holding him at a distance. He hadn't changed at all. His hair still fell in the same glossy black waves that cried out to be pushed behind his ears the way you used do as a teenager. 

"Y/N - " he began, his eyes glazing over with tears. 

"Loki, don't," you cut in before he could finish. "It's alright. Would it help if you told me what happened?"

Loki nodded as you pushed the door shut, blocking out the outside world. "I'm...Odin told me I was - ". He paused and avoided your eyes. "I'm not his son."

You let out a startled gasp. "Frigga had an affair?"

"No. Neither of them are my parents. Odin found me in a temple in Jotunheim."

"Which makes you - ?"

" - a Frost Giant. Yes, yes it does".

You took his hand and led him into the kitchen, proceeding to make hot chocolate for the two of you. When you were done, you handed him a warm mug with a sympathetic smile. You wanted to help him but couldn't even fathom his emotional distress. Your mother from Asgard and your father from Midgar loved both you and your older brother equally; you'd never been cast aside in his favour. After a few moments of silently sipping your drinks, you extended a hand to reach out and pat his shoulder. 

"Do you want to stay here for a while?" you ask, placing your empty mug on the side. 

"I couldn't inconvenience you like that - "

"It's not an inconvenience at all; I love having you over. Come on, I think I still have some of my brother's clothes upstairs from last weekend."

He followed you up the stairs without protest but hovered outside your room after you'd entered. You couldn't help but giggle and drag him inside, causing him to stand nervously against the wall as you handed him a folded t-shirt and some jeans that belonged to your brother. He'd left them in your house after he'd stayed over with his girlfriend.

You went back into your kitchen as he changed into the clothes. When he came down, he told you that he'd only stay for a week.

Let's just say, he was still living with you a month later and felt way less nervous about entering your bedroom.