Chapter 17

The day starts with a silent morning. Mina's head throbs as hell. She felt like it's going to break any minute from the last night's event. With her eyes closed, she tried to reach the other side of the bed, only to found it empty.

It felt cold like no one even slept there. Did she sleep in her room? Clutching her head, she sat up and roam her sight on her room. There, on the couch her lover is sleeping peacefully. The sight made her brows twitch. She wondered why her cute girlfriend were sleeping on the couch instead on the bed beside her.

Sighing, she tried to walk her way besides her girl. Why in the world was she sleeping here? She thought. She squatted in front of her lover to have the same level as her. Her face looks so calm and beautiful. It was like the sight of her sleeping is magical enough to make the heiress smile. Mina studies the features of her little girl and noticed the dark circles under her eyes. She look so worn out like she had cried before she slept. Mina tucked some lose fringe to her ears and kissed the sleeping girl's forehead. She felt like she needs to take more care of her little cub. She wants to hide her to the cruel world and only give her what she deserves.

Before she met the girl she never thought of having a happy life. A life that you have someone besides your family you could care so much. Someone you could trust and protect. Someone you could love and would love you with the same intensity. She felt blessed for having the girl. She did many bad deeds and killing was one of them. Now that she thought about it, sending someone to change her makes her wonder if it is a punishment or a gift. The God must saw everything and gave her the karma she deserves. Chae is her happiness as well as weakness.

The little touch stirred the sleeping cub. With a grunt, she slowly opens her eyes and adjusted to the light from the window.

"Good morning beautiful" Mina chirped. Chaeyoung averted her attention to the girl sitting in front of her. Somehow the look the cub is giving was not what she expected at all. Just a second after, a smile creeped from her girlfriend's mouth. Mina wondered if what she just saw was her mind playing with her. She did thought that the look she gave her first were... empty or sad. Either way, it doesn't make sense. What would make her sad? she wondered. Her sunshine is the only person in her life that would be as cheerful as ever. Maybe she's just mistaken, after all the cub just woke up.

"Good Morning sunshine" Chaeyoung replied. Her smile were so sweet and her eyes doesn't show any hint from the previous emotion. She concluded that it must be her hangover for imagining things. I'm hallucinating, Damn headache. She thought.

"And why are you sleeping here instead of being by my side?" she pouted. She hates it when she can't find the cub besides her when she wake up. They had been sleeping on the same bed since after a week of their relationship. Don't get the bad idea but they never did something more than cuddling and kissing. Well the penguin won't deny that there would be times that she'd feel hot but, still she can't bring herself to do something more.

"Oh well you're pretty wild last night so I have to gave you the space" Chaeyoung answered nonchalantly but, Mina was skeptical to that. Yes, she knows she got really drunk last night and can't remember everything but.. really? her?

"Am I?" she doubt.

"Yes. So I'm saying no more drinking too much" Chae sat up and crossed her arms.