Chapter 19

Warning! long narration ahead~

_________________

Mina is staring at the wall clock for almost half an hour now. It's already pass twelve and the little girl were still nowhere to be seen. She tried to call for a hundred times but her phone were off. Sana and Momo who's with her starts to feel worried too but didn't let it shown. It'll make the younger one more anxious. They tried to call Somi by Dahyun and Tzuyu but it seems like they don't have her number. Great just great.

"I should just go with her" Mina finally diverted her attention to her two cousins. Her eyes were filled with worries.

"Mina, Chaeyoung is not a kid anymore" Momo said trying to calm the girl.

"Maybe she's on her way now" she added.

Silence befall again to the three girls. Just when Mina is going to say something again, the door opened. Revealing a small figure that they have been waiting for an hour and more. Chaeyoung stood there and her thoughts seems not with her as she mindlessly walk towards the stairs not sparing a glance on the other three who's looking at her in confusion. On the other hand in Chaeyoung's mind replays what her and Somi talked about.

FLASHBACK

*On Somi's House*

They sat in silence while Chaeyoung flipped through the papers Somi handed to her. She can't believe it herself. Her father.. the man who left him to the orphanage were a kind of person who's obsess with her lover. Somi told her everything. On that day, on Mina's balcony, Somi spilled everything she knows. From the fact that Red is someone her boyfriend working into. To the point that Red was the one who murdered Minas parent's. She can't believe it.. She can't accept the fact that the man she has been looking for is this kind of a monster.

Somi were given a mission. She's not just a business woman, she's a hired assassin and that's why she can't go back to them, her friends. Her mission is to gain Chaeyoungs's trust and then secretly abduct her without rising any suspicions from the heiress. But when she realized the target was Chaeyoung she can't bring herself to harm her childhood friend, who does nothing but nice to her. Instead, she decided to turn the tables and protect the cub without making her boss and boyfriend suspicious. She still feed them information about the cub but one day when she manage to sneak inside the office of Red she found a crumpled picture on his drawer. It was a picture of him and a little girl that she immediately recognized as Chaeyoung. They have grown together on the orphanage surely, she can recognize the face of her bestfriend.

With the picture, different speculations formulate inside her mind. How in hell was that man connected to her friend. Now that she look closely, her boss indeed has some features similar to the cub. The dimples and eyes.. it was like the pieces were connected. There is no way that it was a coincidence. The picture and the similarity pointed out to the man Chaeyoung longed for. She kept the photo and decided to tell the cub about it. He asked her boyfriend on what Red wants for Mina. At first her boyfriend Minho refused to talk but she managed to make the man drunk and spill everything.