The Castaway

8:30 a.m. Next Day. 2 Days since the split.

Alice Boe

The sky outside was gloomy, even though the rains had stopped for a while. Emily was in her capsule. AnnSophia had wrapped a bandage around her sprained ankle and has been taking care of her since then. I haven't sprained my ankle, but while I was on the volleyball team in Wolfgang, I've seen a lot of my teammates sprain theirs. Seems like a quite painful experience.

We just had a day of food left for us in the camp. Kirt looked through the canned food and saw that the expiry date of those foods was a year away. So, he reasoned that it was better for us to use those canned items in an emergency. Until then, he suggested that we hunt and eat from the jungle. But his suggestion was easier said than done.

"Without guns, how are we going to hunt in the jungle?" I asked after he suggested that. We couldn't find Sergio's guns when we all searched the camp for them, during those 10 days when all of us waited for Sergio before the split. 

Without guns, we couldn't simply kill an animal with our bare hands, unless we chose to eat insects. I'd rather eat a monkey than eat an insect. I hate insects just like how Kirt hates them. That's one of the many similarities that we share.

Just when I asked that Timothy said, "Oh don't worry about that, Alice."

When I looked in his direction I saw Rhett, Tom and Timothy hold fishing rods in their hands as they entered the bus.

"Found them in Sergio's cabin," said Rhett.

"After a long search," added Tom.

"And uncovering debris," said Rhett.

"And uncovering debris," parroted Tom.

"Lots of them actually, it took a lot of time to uncover these since morning when we and Kirt discovered these under some debris," added Rhett.

"See I told you, it's not difficult finding food in the jungle," Kirt said.

"So we fish?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Kirt.

When the boys had gone outside of the bus after talking with me for a while, I took up Leo, my teddy bear, and observed him with a smile on my face. I love teddy bears. There's no age for one to stop loving teddy bears.

Kirt Heinrich

While I got out of the bus with the other boys, Rhett asked, "Kirt, we have everything we need for fishing, but where are we going to fish?"

"Yeah Kirt, where are we going to fish?" Tom parroted.

At first, I was puzzled at their question, but then I realized that none of us had actually told anyone about the existence of La Muchachita.

I looked and Timothy and then told the twins, "Guys there's a river downstream that Sergio showed us. We can perhaps try fishing there."

"Do you know how to go there?" Tom asked.

"Yeah Kirt, do you know how to go there?" parroted Rhett.

"But it's not gonna be that easy fishing there coz the river is kind of swollen and raging. We've gotta try our best bet," said Timothy.

"Yeah," I said.

"We can try," said Rhett.

"Yeah, we can try," parroted Tom.

"So why don't we leave now?" Rhett asked, without Tom parroting what he said.

"There's one problem...going there without getting lost," I said.