Chapter 2: The storm

"Weather forecasts show that a storm is on the way. We advise everyone to stay indoors whi-." The TV was turned off by Cali who jumped off the sofa and ran towards the kitchen.

"Why'd you turn it off?" You question.

"Because we're gonna be late for school! Hurry up and make the damn lunch boxes."

You roll your eyes at your eager best friend as you place the lid onto the lunch boxes.

"Here." You state as you hand Cali a lunch box.

She grins widely at you, "Thanks, (Y/N)! You make the best lunches!"

You smile back at her as you pack your own lunch box into your bag, not forgetting to slip in an extra small box for Jayson.

You sling your bag onto your back as you place your dishes into the sink, reminding yourself to clean it after you got home from school.

Cali grabs her car keys and runs out towards her car, as you say goodbye to your parents before locking your house and running towards her car.

"Ready for another day in hell?" Cali questions with an eye roll.

"Not like I have a choice." You mutter as she drove away.

Time skip- to end of school

You held an umbrella over your head as you walk down your usual path. You run slightly once you see Jays figure hunched down on the ground, trying to keep himself warm.

You walk closer and place your umbrella over him, causing him to look up at your smiling figure.

"Hey." You greet as you push back a loose (H/C) strand.

"(Y/N)? I didn't think you'd be coming today." He states slightly confused.

"Well I did say I'd come again yesterday, so I did." You state simply as you sit down next to him, using your umbrella to cover the both of you.

Feeling slightly cold, for not bringing a coat, you rub your hands against your arms in an attempt to feel warm.

Your gaze wonders to the rain falling softly off your umbrella as you feel something draped across your shoulders. You look back to see Jay had wrapped you and himself with a blanket you brought him a few weeks ago.

You send Jay a thankful smile before shuffling closer to him causing him to tense up for a few seconds before letting loose.

You grab the lunch that you made for Jay and hand it to him. He accepts it gratefully, as he eats in silence.

The thing you loved about hanging out with Jayson, was that you didn't need a conversation flowing between you two. The silence was enough for the both of you and was very comforting.

You both sat in silence for 10 minutes as Jay finished his food.

As you both sat, you felt yourself drifting in and out of sleep, after the 20 laps of running you had to do in gym class, you were understandable tired, and before you knew it, you had fallen asleep.

Jayson's POV

I sat down next to (Y/N) eating the food in silence, before I felt something rest upon my shoulder.

Startled, I looked down to see (Y/N) had fallen asleep. She must have had a tiring day today.

I look at her beautiful figure, my fingers lifting up to push her soft (H/C) away from her closed eyes. Her skin felt smooth against my rugged fingers. I watched as she let out small deep breaths out of her plum pink lips.

I admired the girl next to me because, unlike other people who'd ignore me or just give me some change and move on, (Y/N) always came back to me, to help me even after I'd tell her she didn't need to. She was such an innocent beauty in this ruthless world, and she had to be protected.

I smile at her as I place down my finished lunch and rest my head on top of hers before closing my eyes and falling asleep.