Chapter 17: Kevin

(A/N: Question of the day: Are you guys team Apple or team Samsung?)

Chapter 17: Kevin

You were in the living room with Jay, both of you were sitting on the ground playing a game of Monopoly, it was a fierce battle between the both of you, but alas, you had won the game.

"Yes! I won!" You cheer happily, and you performed a mini victory dance, completely forgetting about the boy who was in the room with you.

Jay watched you with a smile, he chuckled as you danced around like an idiot. He was happy with the fact that you had finally learnt to trust him and let yourself loose around him, but what he didn't know, was that it was all an act.

Once you had finished your dancing and after rubbing it in Jay's face that you had won, you both cleaned up the game before deciding on just watching Netflix for the rest of the day.

You both settled down onto the couch, but just as you were about to start playing the first episode of 'how to get away with murder'-ironic, I know- the doorbell rang.

Both you and Jay stared at each other in confusion, 'who on earth would come here?'.

Jay gave you a look as he went to open the door, you stayed seated on the couch, knowing that this isn't the right time to try to escape. You heard some voices talking, but you couldn't hear what they were saying because you were too far away from them.

While trying to listen to what they were saying, you heard footsteps approaching you, you look up to see Jay staring at you with a frown.

"Who is it?" You question.

"Your friend Kevin." Jay spits out bitterly, as your eyes widen at the familiar name. 

"Kevin? Why would he come here?"

"I don't know, but he wants to see you." Jay frowns before continuing, "Go speak to him, I don't want him to get suspicious, but if you mention anything about what happened, you know I won't hesitate to kill him as well." Jay states coldly.

You frown at his threat, as you make your way towards the door, Jay trailing behind you, he hid behind the door so that Kevin couldn't see him, but you can- a way of him telling you that he's listening to your conversation.

You open the door and smile at the familiar brown hair and blue eyes of your best friend, "Kevin! Hey, what are you doing here?" You greet your friend.

"Hey (Y/N), I just wanted to pop down to see how you were doing, you weren't answering any of my calls so I got worried." 

Your eyes widen at the mention of your phone, with everything that had happened, you totally forgot about your phone and forgot about the people that would have tried contacting you.

You quickly make an excuse up from the top of your head, "Oh erm, my phone? It broke."

"It broke?" Kevin questions suspiciously.

You nod your head, "Yep, you know how clumsy I can be, I was walking down the stairs and my phone dropped from my hands and down the stairs. I ran down after it and saw that it was all cracked and wouldn't turn on. I was meant to go to the shops to get it fixed but you know how lazy I am, and plus I didn't have time, with everything that had happened." You say mumbling the end part quietly.

Kevin nods his head at you, "Yeah, I can't believe that Thomas is gone too, in such a brutal way as well."

You fought the urge to start crying and just nod your head at your best friend, you wanted to so badly scream out to him for help, scream that the murderer of both your friends was obsessed with you and was keeping you hostage, but you knew you couldn't, knowing that if you did, you might end up loosing another one of your friends.

Just then, an idea popped into your head, you lift your hand up and place it higher up onto the door, before tapping it a few times.

Kevin stares at your fingers for a few more seconds, as you continue to tap, he looks at your face to see you smiling at him. He stares at you for a few more seconds before shaking his head at you playfully.

"Well, now that I know your alive." Kevin says in a joking manner, "I should get going, I've got a job interview to get to."

You smile at your best friend and wish him good luck before he leaves, but not before you both exchange eye contact as he turns around and you close the door.

Once the door was shut, Jay immediately locks it and looks at you with a smile, "I'm proud of you my love, you didn't tell him anything, but then again, if you did, I'd just have to kill him." Jay laughs as he walks into the living room.

You laugh awkwardly with him, "Yeah..." You say trailing off as you walk into the living too, not before sending one last glance towards the shut front door.