Chapter 6: Apologies

(A/N: Random question of the day: Who's your favourite music artist?).

Chapter 6: Apologies

After the little episode with your friends, they both decided it was time they went back home. They both gave you a small goodbye hug while Cali threatened Jay about hurting you, Kevin whispered to you to be careful and to contact him if you ever felt unsafe.

You smile at Kevin's protectiveness and nodded your head at him to let him know that you will contact him if needed. You then walked up to Cali and smacked her arm before apologising to Jay and dragged her out where you exchanged goodbyes again before they left.

You walked back to Jay to see him sitting on a couch. "Hey Jay." You call out causing him to turn towards you.

"Yeah?"

"I'm so sorry about Cali. Shes just really protective over me, and said all that about you, but she's not a rude person, if you get to know her she's really fun and nice, but I'm sorry that-." Your rambling was cut off by Jay who covered your mouth with his hand. You look up at him with wide eyes, not knowing what to do.

"It's okay (Y/N), she was being a good friend, I wasn't offended at all." He whispers to you, "but she was right. The storm has passed over, so I should go back now."

"Wait, what?" You ask, well try to, your answer came out muffled as Jays hand still covered your mouth. He removes his hand before muttering a sorry and standing back.

Your blink at him before repeating the same question. "Jay, you don't have to go yet, the storm just passed over, it must be a mess out there, it could be dangerous for you to go back for all we know."

Jay grins at you, "are you asking me to stay?"

You blush at his cheeky grin, "well, I mean, until it's safe to go out." You stumble out.

Jay makes a move towards you causing you to look up at him. "(Y/N), your too innocent for this world." He whispers.

"What?" You ask confused causing him to chuckle at you.

"Nothing, don't worry it about (Y/N)." He says before walking towards the door, "hey, (Y/N), do you mind if I go out for a bit, I just want to see if my areas safe."

"Okay, I'll come too." You say as you make your way towards him. You were about to grab your coat before Jay stops you.

"It's fine (Y/N), I can go on my own, I wouldn't want you to go out in the cold especially since we don't know if it's safe."

"But-." You start to argue but Jay gives you a stern look in return. You let out a sigh knowing you wouldn't win and simply tell the boy to be careful. He nods his head at you before heading out, leaving you behind in the now empty house.