Alternate Ending: It's never over

(A/N: The beginning part of this chapter is the same as chapter 19, after the 'time skip' is where the story changes.) 

This is the final chapter of this book, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Alternate Ending: It's never over

5 Months later

"(Y/N)!"

Your turn around at the mention of your name, your (H/L), (H/C) hair whipping into your (E/C) eyes. You blow your hair away before focusing your gaze upon the boy who had called your name. You let a smile grace your pink lips as you wave at the boy with brown hair and shining blue eyes.

"Hey Kevin." You greet your best friend as you link your arms with his.

"Ugh! I really don't want to go to school!" Kevin whines dramatically as you roll your eyes at him and laugh.

"Doesn't everyone?" You question back.

Kevin frowns at you, "Alright smarty pants."

You laugh at his annoyed expression as you both make your way to school.

It's been 5 months since Jay was arrested and 5 months since you've been living with Kevin. You spent that time trying to recover from your traumatic experiences, although it was hard, Kevin was there to help you and was with you every step of the way.

Now you had a job at a local bakery, where you could show off all your cooking and baking skills. You were still trying to find another place to live, after what happened in your old house, you decided you wanted to sell it due to the bad memories there and in fear of Jay finding you again even though he was in jail. Kevin assured you that he doesn't mind if you stay with him, but you still wanted to find another place.

You and Kevin were nearing the entrance of your school. You watch as you see other students running to their friends, laughing and talking with them. You smile at the familiar scenery of your school.

You both enter the school and made your way towards your lockers, which were conveniently right next to each other. You gathered your books before making your way to your first class together, as you did you walked past two familiar lockers, that were opposite each other. Both were covered with flowers, candles and pictures.

You smile sadly as you stare at both lockers, you first turn to your best friends locker. You stare at the picture of her smiling towards a camera as her blonde hair flew behind her while her emerald green eyes shone brightly. You then turn around to the other locker and look at the picture of your ex boyfriend, whom you still had feelings for till this day, you just didn't realise it until he was gone. You stare at the picture of him smiling and wonder why it had to be them? You wondered if you had never invited Jay to your house, then would they still be alive right now?

You frown sadly at your thoughts as you felt an arm wrap around your shoulders, you look up to see Kevin smiling sadly at you, "They're in a better place now."

You nod your head at him, "I just miss them so much." You say, trying not to burst out into tears.

"I know, I do too. They had such bright futures ahead of them." Kevin frowns.

You look at him and smile softly, "Yeah, but they're at peace now. They both deserve it."

Kevin smiles at you and quickly pulls you into an embrace, one which you immediately return. You both saviour the few seconds, just being in each others comfort, before being interrupted by the bell ringing.

You both pull apart and stare at each other with wide eyes as you realise no one was in the halls, meaning lessons had started. It was then you also realised that your class was on the other side of the school. You both let out a groan of annoyance before Kevin grabbed your hand and started to pull you.

"Quick (Y/N)! We're already late!" Kevin yells as he drags you behind him.

"I'm coming! Jeez." You laugh back as you let him drag you.

While you were running, you quickly turn around to both lockers, you send them a small smile before whispering, "Rest in peace guys."

You turn back around as you follow Kevin to your next class.

Time Skip

You were on your way home but decided to take a detour somewhere else. Kevin had told you to go on ahead, since he had to stay behind at school for something.

Once you had reached your destination, you pushed open the gates of the place before entering. You walked through the grassy fields before reaching two headstones that were placed next to each other.

You smile sadly at them both before reaching into your bag to grab two flowers, one yellow daisy and one red rose. You placed the daisy on the grave that said;

Calista Jones: Loving daughter, sister and friend: Rest in peace

You then turned to the other grave and placed the rose on top of it, the grave read;

Thomas McCall: Loving son, brother and friend: Rest in peace

You smile sadly at the two graves as tears flood your vision, "I'm so sorry guys. You guys deserved so much better. You didn't deserve leaving this world so soon, you had such bright futures ahead of you both." You state as your tears began to fall. "Wherever you guys are, I hope you are at peace now, you guys died such brutal deaths, I'm so sorry. It was all my fault, I knew I should have listened to you guys about Jay. I'm so sorry."

You lean over both graves and cry your heart out for the two lost souls. You then felt a soft breeze come over you, a breeze that felt as if someone was assuring you that you weren't at fault and that you should be happy. You continued crying for a few more minutes before stopping. You wipe your tears away as you smile at the graves, "I got to go now guys, but I promise to visit you guys again tomorrow," you say as you stand up.

You walk a few steps back, your gaze still on the graves, "I hope you both are happy now." You whisper before saying goodbye.

You turn around to start walking back to Kevin's house when you notice someone staring at you from the distance, confused, you look closer to see who it was. You felt your blood run cold as you recognised who it was.

"No, no, no." You whisper to yourself as you stumble backwards, "This can't be real, he's not here. He can't be, he's in jail." 

You watch as the figure walks closer to you, you immediately recognise the evil smirk plastered onto his face as he takes large steps towards you. 

You try to move, but you can't. You feel yourself freeze in your steps, unable to move. Tears roll down your cheeks as Jayson stood a meter away from you. It was then you found the power to move, you turned around and began running for life towards the exit of the empty graveyard, trying to find someone who could help.

As you ran desperately, you were almost at the graveyard gates, when you felt something latch onto your arm and pull you back. You scream out as you struggle against him, while he simply held you closer to him.

You tried pulling away, but he was too strong, you looked up at his face to see him smirking down at you. He lifted his hand up and smacked something against the back of your head. 

You let out a gasp from the pain, as you saw black dots invade your vision. You began stumbling around, trying to move away from the monster that was holding you, but you couldn't. The last thing you remembered before loosing your consciousness, was Jay whispering, "You can't escape me my love, I'm back, and I'm never letting you go."

Then everything went black.

~End of story~

Completed: 20/02/2020