Chapter 9: The Funeral

You looked down at your simple black dress with matching black flats, before looking up at your mirror to see your (H/L) (H/C) hair crusade past your cheeks. You stare into your eyes that were red and puffy from all the crying you had done from the past few days.

It had been 5 days since Cali's body was found, her family decided they wanted to have her funeral take place as soon as possible because they wanted the girl to be at peace, after the brutal way she was killed.

After staring at yourself for a few more seconds, you make your way downstairs, to where Jay was waiting for you. The said boy was wearing a black dress shirt with matching trousers that you took from your fathers left over clothes that you decided to keep rather then give to charity.

Hearing your footsteps, Jay looked up at you with a small smile before moving towards you, "Are you ready?" He questions.

You nod your head at him, as he gently takes your hand, and guides you out the door and towards the taxi that you had called beforehand. You both entered the car before it began to move, the journey there was all in silence.  

When you got there, you paid the driver, before getting out of the car and walking into the services reception, all the while as you held Jayson's hand for comfort.

People that you knew greeted you sadly, while people that you didn't know sent sad smiles towards you.

Your eyes wonder around the venue, as you see some people crying while others comforted them. You found the parents of your best friend, whose mother was a crying mess, while her father tried comforting his wife, but still had tears in his eyes too.

Deciding to give them some time before approaching them, you look around for your other best friend, who you haven't seen or spoken to since the phone call.

After a few seconds of searching, you find the boy standing off to the side on his own, a small frown on his lips as he looks at the ground sadly.

You turn around to look at Jay who was already looking at you. You gently tug his arm and pull him towards Kevin. 

Hearing your footsteps, Kevin looks up and stares at you with wide eyes, "(Y/N)." He whispers before grabbing you and pulling you into a hug.

You hugged your best friend back, feeling yourself wanting to cry again, but you couldn't, with all the crying you've done, you felt as though you had no tears left to cry with (a/n: that song reference thooooo- ahem sorry, carry on). 

You both pull apart and you stare at Kevin's face, who now had tears running down his cheeks. 

"I can't believe she's gone." Kevin whispers, "Why would anyone want to hurt Cali? Sure she was annoying and rude at times, but she would never want to hurt anyone intentionally."

"I don't know Kev, but whoever did it, I hope they get caught soon and rot in jail." You respond back bitterly.

Kev sends a small smile towards you, but it doesn't reach his eyes. He turns his gaze to look at the boy behind you and sends him a small nod, "Hey Jay."

Jay looks at Kevin with a fake smile plastered on his face as he greets your best friend back. As Jay was about to speak again, Kevin's gaze from Jay moves to someone behind him. 

"Is that...?" Kevin trails off as you turn around and look at who he was talking about. You look past Jay who stares at the both of you confused, and look towards the boy with black hair and golden eyes, who was walking towards you.

"Thomas?" You finish off for Kevin.

(A/N: This is what I imagine Thomas to look like

(A/N: This is what I imagine Thomas to look like. Imagine isn't mine- credit goes to the original owner.)

Jays eyes widen at the mention of the familiar name, as he turns around to look at the boy that (Y/N)'s dead friend mentioned was (Y/N)'s ex boyfriend. 

Thomas now stood in front of you and stared at you with a small, sad smile. 

"Thomas?" You question softly, you hadn't seen the boy in a while, after the two of you broke up, you chose to remain friends as you both agreed your relationship was better that way. After the break up, you hadn't really seen each other much due to having too much work to do.

"(Y/N)." Thomas spoke in a soothing tone. He reaches out to you and pulls you into a conforming hug, one you immediately respond back to.

"I'm so sorry about what happened to Cali." Thomas whispers into your ears as he holds you tighter. 

You feel tears form in your eyes, "I can't believe she's gone." 

"She's in a better place now." Thomas replies back. "She deserves peace now."

You nod your head in agreement before pulling back to look at him looking at you with a soft smile.

You smile back at him, before allowing him to go over to Kevin and greet him. You turn around to look at Jay, who was glaring at the ground. Confused, you walk over to him and gently hold his hand, "Hey, you okay?"

Jay looks up at you with wide eyes before they soften, he shakes his head at you, "I'm fine, I was just thinking of something."

You nod your head at him, "Hey, let me introduce you to Thomas." You suggest as you pull Jay towards the said boy. 

"Thomas." You call out, making the boy stop his conversation with Kevin, and look at you.

"I want you to meet my friend Jayson, Jayson, this is my friend Thomas." You introduce them to each other.

"Hey, nice to meet you man." Thomas sticks his hand out for Jay to shake.

Jay sends him a smile, as he takes his hand, "Same here." He responds as he grips tightly onto Thomas' hand.

Thomas winces slightly before chucking, "Woah, you have a tight grip there." He jokes as he pulls his hand back. Jay merely smiles at him.

Before anyone could speak, someone announced that it was time to gather around. Everyone began taking their seats, Jay sat next to you on one side while Thomas sat on the other side of you and Kevin sat next to Thomas.

You all sat in silence as you listen to people giving speeches about the blonde haired girl, they spoke about all their good times with her and how special and important she was and how they'll miss her. You, Kevin and Thomas even went up to give your speeches, and it took everything in you to not burst out crying during your speech.

Once all the speeches were over, it was time to lower the body into the grave. You all stood around the dug grave and watched as the body was lowered before being covered with soil. You held onto Thomas' hand for comfort as you watched with teary eyes. 

"Goodbye Cali." You whisper as a tear falls down your cheek. You felt a hand brush your tear away, you look up to see Thomas smiling sadly at you as he pulls you closer to his side.

You clung onto him as you watch the grave being filled with soil, not knowing about the eyes that were glaring into the boy that held you.