010. The People's Heart

Chapter Ten | The People's Heart

October of 2019

Princess Victoria makes 1st public appearance since announcing her pregnancy

Princess Victoria, pregnant with her first child, made her first public appearance in six weeks to join Prince William, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex at Buckingham Palace to mark World Mental Health Day.

Victoria, 30, showed a baby bump beneath the tea-length Gucci dress she wore to the event, thanking supporters for helping to change public perceptions about mental health.

Kensington Palace has not yet announced her expected due date or how far along she is in her pregnancy, but she is definitely past the 12-week mark.

William, Kate, Harry and Victoria founded Heads Together in 2016 to change the conversation on mental health. Meghan has since joined them.

-

Princess Victoria Expresses Concerns Over Social Media's Unrealistic Perfection Standards

Princess Victoria has just revealed she often feels like a 'hypocrite' when she falls victim to the same pressures of social media we all feel once in a while.

In a new interview with the BBC, the Princess admitted: 'I do worry about obsession and about perfection and about always presenting your life in a certain way, which is very untrue to how you go about your day.'

'We go through all sorts of different emotions and Instagram makes it look like everything's perfect, and that's rubbish.'

'I'm not on Twitter, I don't want to always have something to say, I want to save that for my life.

'Also I think, especially as a young person, you change your opinions every second, so [you shouldn't] put something down in concrete that's going to come back and haunt you.'

'Instagram you can use for all sorts of different reasons and that can be powerful. But I do worry about obsession and about perfection and about always presenting your life in a certain way, which is very untrue to how you go about your day.'

Discussing the recent #MeToo movement, the British Princess said: 'I think the bravery of everyone that's come forward and spoken, the fact that they've shared their pain and their stories in order to make change is the most admirable brilliant thing.'

'And I'm so hopeful that now there's going to be a huge shift in how that power balance has been and how people have been treated.'

-

Princess Victoria visit teenage cancer patients

Princess Victoria paid an emotional visit to a teenager cancer unit at Alder Hey Children's Hospital in Liverpool on Wednesday.

Princess Victoria met teenagers who have been undergoing treatment for various types of cancer at the facility funded by the Teenage Cancer Trust.

-

Victoria came to a stop by the front door to Apartment 1. She took a deep breath then she knocked on the door.

William opened the door. "Oh, hi, Victoria, Thank you for coming." He said as he moved out of the way to let her in.

"Like you gave me a choice with all the messages and calls. You practically forced me to come here." Victoria said as she entered.

"Hello, Victoria, Thank you for coming. I know it means a lot to William for you to come over and talk things out." Catherine said.

"Hello, Catherine and I'm sure it does." Victoria said.

"Please have a seat." William said as Victoria sat down across from him and Catherine.

"What is this about?" Victoria asked.

"Victoria, I want to apologize to you." William answered.

"Apologize for what?" Victoria asked.

"For how I reacted to your pregnancy. You know Harry and I are very overprotective of you and we just want the best for you." William replied.

"Oh, Will, I know that. I'm sorry that I got myself to this predicament but I wouldn't change a thing about my little miracle." Victoria said.

"I cannot believe my baby sister is having a baby. It's official I'm old now." William said.

"Hmm, I thought the balding would have been a sign that you're old now but okay." Victoria said.