025. Therapy Session

Chapter Twenty-Five | Therapy Session

"Your Royal Highness, why do you think you're here today?" Dr. Kennedy asked.

"Please call me, Victoria, and I honestly think my family... my father thinks I need help." I answered.

"And do you think you need help?" She asked.

"No, I think I'm normal about how I handle my emotions and other things." I replied.

"But from what His Royal Highness has told me. He claims that you have a big commitment issue and tend to hide things from others." She said.

"Commitment? What does he mean? Hiding things, wow I don't share my illness with my family and suddenly, I'm hiding things." I said.

Dr. Kennedy adjusted herself in her chair.

"Victoria, if you don't mind me asking, do you think your parents divorce plays a part in your relationship with others?" She asked.

I sighed again, rolling my eyes.

"No." I answered.

"Really?" She asked.

"I mean I was young when my parents split so I don't remember much but what I do remember is one day I woke up and I didn't have a mum anymore and I had to dedicate my life to the crown." I answered.

"How do you feel about having to dedicate yourself to your royal duties?" She asked.

"I'm happy to help my grandmother and be able to use my position for good." I answered.

"Do you know what you're doing with your life?" She asked.

"I'm not sure I know what that question even means." I replied.

"If you weren't royalty, what would you be doing with your life?" She asked.

"I would be a musician." I answered.