020. For Better or Worse

Chapter Twenty | For Better or Worse

March of 2020

I open my eyes but they instantly shut as soon as the bright light hits them. I open them against, this time very slowly.  As I move my head and look around, I don't see anyone in the room.

I hold onto the side of the bed for support and get myself up. I then turn myself despite the fact that I'm feeling dizzy I put my feet on the ground and try to walk.

I use the bed for support as I walk and once I can't use it anymore, I let go of it. I try to get to the door but fall straight onto the floor.

"Oh my gosh!" I hear and look up to see one of my protection officers.

"Your Royal Highness, you're awake! Are you okay?" He asked as he helps me up and carries me back onto the bed.

"Get the doctor! She's awake!" He shouts as he lays me back on the bed.

"Victoria!" David exclaimed as he runs into the room and all of sudden he's in front of me, holding my face in his hands. "Amazing. You better never scare me like that again. Do you hear me? Victoria, you're stuck with me for better or worse." David said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Victoria, you've been in a coma." David answered.

"Emersyn." I said as tears well up in my eyes.

"She's fine, she's perfect." David said.

"I need to see her. I want Emersyn." I said.

"Kyle, please inform Her Majesty that Her Royal Highness has awaken." Dr Thomas said, entering the room.

-

"Mummy, why have you gathered us all here?" Anne asked.

"There is announcement that needs to be made." Elizabeth answered.

"What announcement?" Charles asked, fearing the worse.

"I think I should let the person who the announcement is about, make the announcement themselves." Elizabeth replied as the doors opened and Victoria entered the room, carrying Emersyn in her arms followed by David.

" Elizabeth replied as the doors opened and Victoria entered the room, carrying Emersyn in her arms followed by David

"Hello, everyone." Victoria said as she looks up from Emersyn in her arms.

Harry, who is the closet to her stands up and look at her. "Victoria." Harry says as Victoria closes her eyes for a second as a tear escapes.

Harry moves forward and wraps his arms around her, enveloping Victoria in a hug. "I'm so happy that you're okay. I missed you, please do not ever do that to me again." He says as he moves his hands to the sides of her face as Victoria nods her head.

Soon everyone is up from their seats and hugging Victoria and so many tears are shed especially from Charles, William, Harry, and Victoria.

-

Victoria didn't suffer any other side effects and was cleared to go home.

Now, Victoria was currently staying with William and Catherine because William did not trust Victoria being on her own and pulled the I'm your eldest brother and you must do as I say card on her and everyone agreed it was best for her not to be on her own.

"Hey Victoria, I have a surprise for you." William said, walking into the room and Victoria turned to look at him.

She tilt her head in confusion.

The door opened wider and Kitty and Rachel walked into the room. Victoria let out a gasp as they both came over to the bed and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Thank you for coming. Thank you both for everything." Victoria said, as waterworks starts as all three of them start crying.

"I love you, Vicky." Kitty said.

"I love you too, Kit-Kat." Victoria said.

"I love you, Ria." Rachel said.

"I love you too, Rac." Victoria said.

"Don't ever do that to us again." Kitty said as Victoria nods her head and letting out a laugh.

"Now, let's talk about Emersyn." Victoria said.

"She's a perfect little Angel. Everyone followed everything in your will and the public love her." Kitty said.

"That's great. I was worried everything would be a disaster but I'm glad it wasn't. But she's three months now and soon people will want to see her christening." Victoria said.

"Vicky, you don't have to worry about that right now. You've only been awake for two days." Kitty said.

"So, you two don't want to be her godmothers?" Victoria asked.

"Of course, we do but we need to make sure you're one hundred better before jumping into the royal madness." Rachel answered.

"Okay." Victoria said.