022. Mummy Mode

Chapter Twenty-Two | Mummy Mode

I was currently in Emersyn's nursery room, sitting down on the rocking chair. I was rocking Emersyn to sleep. Once, I knew she was for sure asleep. I went and put her in her crib and left the room.

"She went down okay?" Catherine asked as I entered the sitting room and took a seat next to her.

"Yes." I answered.

"Victoria, you need to take it easy and considering what you have been through, I think you need to rest more before diving into mummy mode." Catherine said.

"You're right, Catherine. I fought and brought my baby into this world. I think it's in Emersyn's best interest for me to take good care of myself so that I can be in her life." I said.

"So relax. Now, let's talk about David." Catherine said.

"What about David?" I asked.

"Well, he's around more not only for Emersyn and I know he is still madly in love with you so will you give him another chance?" Catherine replied.

"He said something to me when I first woke up." I said.

"What did he say?" Catherine asked.

"Victoria, you're stuck with me for better or worse." I answered.

"He's made his intentions with you very clear then." She said.

"I guess he has." I said.

"But what do you feel?" She asked.

"What if I die and this time I don't wake up. I can't marry him and he have him be a widow. I don't want that for him. The pain, loneliness and sadness that comes with being a widow." I answered.

"Victoria, you can't make that decision for him. It's up to him to choose and clearly he does but please you will not die." She said.

-

"Beatrice, What are you doing here?" I asked as I laid in bed.

"Are you okay?" Beatrice replies.

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired but don't worry it's nothing serious." I said.

"Oh I'm sorry, you know after your comatose state. We all have been a little paranoid on losing you." Beatrice said.

"You guys don't have to worry about losing me anytime soon so what can I do for you?" I asked.

"I wanted to be the one to tell you...that I'm engaged!" Beatrice answered, shoving a huge 8.5 karat yellow stone diamond ring into my face. I squealed and pulled Beatrice into a hug.

"How did he do it?" I asked with a goofy grin.

"Well, we were sitting at that restaurant in Paris, you know the one with all the lights and the patio, and he just got down on one knee and told me he couldn't imagine spending his life with anyone else!" Beatrice answered.

Beatrice and I were still jumping up and down when Eugenie walked in.

"Let me guess, you told her." Eugenie said, smiling.

"Yes, and Eugenie has something to tell you too." Beatrice said.

"Oh no, this is your moment." Eugenie said.

"Do it." Beatrice said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm pregnant!" Eugenie exclaimed.

"Oh my God! Congratulations! Did you announce it yet?" I asked.

"No, I actually wanted to wait until you woke up." Eugenie answered.

"Awe, you didn't have to do that." I said.

"I know but it did not feel right announcing a new life while you were fighting for yours." Eugenie said.

"Now that we have made our announcements to Victoria, it's time that I ask you two an important question." Beatrice said.

"What is it?" Eugenie asked.

"Will you two be my maid of honours?" Beatrice replies.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, I want you both to take part of my big day." Beatrice answered.

"Yes, I'll be your very pregnant maid of honour." Eugenie said.

"Yes, I'll be your maid of honour." I said.

-

Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice of York and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi have chosen the following friends and family to be in their Bridal Party for their Wedding on Friday 8th May:

Best Man

Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi has asked his brother, Alby Shale, to be his Best Man at his Wedding to Princess Beatrice.

Maid of Honour

Princess Beatrice has asked her sister and cousin, Princess Eugenie and Princess Victoria to be her Maid of Honours.

Bridesmaids

Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (aged 5)

Miss Savannah Philips (aged 8 – daughter of Mrs Autumn Phillips and Mr Peter Phillips)

Miss Isla Philips (aged 7 - daughter of Mrs Autumn Phillips and Mr Peter Phillips)

Miss Mia Tindall (aged 5 – daughter of Mrs Zara Tindall and Mr Mike Tindall)

Page Boys

His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge (aged 6)

Christopher Woolf Mapelli Mozzi (aged 3)

Special Attendants

The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor (aged 15)

Viscount Severn (aged 11)