013. A Brother's Fear

Chapter Thirteen | A Brother's Fear

"Harry, What's wrong?" Meghan asked her husband as she found him sitting on the ground with a photo album on his lap.

"I cannot lose her, Meghan. I'm still not over my mum's death and now I may lose my baby sister." Harry answered as he stared at the photo of Victoria and him riding a horse together when they were sixteen and twelve years old.

"Oh, Harry." Meghan said as she got down on the ground next to him.

"You know I only cried twice when my mum died. The first time I cried was at the funeral on the island," said Harry. "And only since then, maybe once more. There's a lot of grief that still needs to be... to be let out. I was so young, I grew up thinking that not having a mum was normal. I think it was a classic case of, don't let yourself think about your mum and the grief and the hurt that comes with it, because it's never going to bring her back and it's only going to make you more sad." Harry said.

"There's a lot of grief that still needs to be let out." Meghan said.

"People deal with grief in different ways and my way of dealing with it was basically shutting it out, locking it out. The ten years I was in the army, I sort of dug my head in the sand. It was just white noise." Harry said.

"There is no right or wrong way to grieve, but there are healthy ways to deal with the grieving process." Meghan said.

"I just wish she told us. I would have liked to be there for her. I do not like that she was suffering and dealing with all this health issues on her own." Harry said.

"I know, Harry. We all wanted that but we cannot change what she did. We can only pray she wakes up and be there for her when she does. She will know that she doesn't have to go through things by herself anymore." Meghan said.

"I hope we have the chance to be there for her." Harry said.

"We will." Meghan said.

-

"David has been distraught over Victoria and I have arranged that he stays with one of you to help him with the baby. If that is okay with you all?" Elizabeth asked.

William looked at Catherine and she nodded.

"Catherine and I will look after them. So, yes they can stay with us." William answered.

"Meghan and I will do our best to help them." Harry said.

"If it's okay with you both I think it would be best that we release a documentary about Victoria." Charles said.

"I don't know what if the public think it's our way of confirming her death or something." William said.

"I agree with William." Harry said.

"The documentary was currently filming prior Victoria's hospitalization." Charles said.

"Very well then I guess we can release it." William said.

"Also, I have scheduled that the family including David will greet and meet with well-wishers gathered around Buckingham Palace." Elizabeth said.

-

The Royal Family stuns well-wishers by greeting them in person at all-day vigil for Princess Victoria at Buckingham Palace

The Royal family had an emotional meeting with fans gathered at a vigil for Princess Victoria.

Well-wishers had gathered outside Buckingham Palace on Monday to honour Princess Victoria who is currently in a coma.

And they were stunned when, at 3:30 pm, several members of the Royal family including David Wellington casually walked up to meet some of them.

The Prince of Wales stopped by a small group of around six people who had gathered there to pray his daughter, shaking their hands and stopping to chat.

Entertainment Tonight ✔️
@entertainmenttonight

The British Royal family stuns well-wishers by greeting them in person after they hold all-day vigil outside Buckingham Palace to honour Her Royal Highness Princess Victoria.

3:40 PM • 9 Dec 2019 • Twitter for IPhone

The Royal family reportedly spent around twenty minutes chatting with the crowd of well-wishers.

One member of the crowd who gathered around Buckingham Palace said, "The Royals may be a lot of things but there is no doubt that they are a family first."

-

Being Victoria Offers a Behind-the-Scenes Look at Royal Life

Here's your first look at the new documentary, which airs this weekend on PBS.

Princess Victoria is offering fans of the royal family a behind-the-scenes look at her life through the new documentary Being Victoria : A Story of A Princess.

Director John Bridcut—who is known for his work on previous royal-centric documentaries including Elizabeth at 90, Prince Charles at 70 and The Prince and the Composer—filmed Princess Victoria for eleven months, capturing both public and private moments on film, and interviewing Prince Harry, Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Sussex, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Prince of Wales, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Lady Kitty Spencer, David Wellington and Rachel Hampshire about Princess Victoria.

Given his experience, Bridcut is particularly well-versed in the challenges of crafting a documentary like this one.

"Any filming with the royal family where you have special access is bound to be very intense because of the sensitivities about security. You have to exercise a lot of diplomatic skill in filming," he told T&C, explaining how on official royal engagements his goal was for his crew to fade into the background, something easier said than done
when boom microphones and large camera equipment are involved.

He also emphasized the importance of have an "honest," but not "subservient" relationship with both the press office of Clarence House and with the royals themselves.

"I'd say that with any access-based film, it only works on the basis of trust, and that is trust on both sides," he said. "It's an honest relationship, but it's not a subservient one."

While the film has already aired in the U.K. to much acclaim, this weekend, it finally gets its stateside premiere on PBS.

An exclusive clip from the program (above) shows Victoria speaking during an interview:  "I am deeply grateful for the concern of all those who constantly prayed for my happiness. I know what they see in this documentary will have them in shock but this is my truth. I'm not the traditional princess that everyone expects me to be."