{2}

You woke up the next morning, perfectly rested. You got ready for work and dressed in your police outfit, and then you walked into your kitchen. On your kitchen counter, you saw the card that Dmitri had given you. You put the card there before you went to bed last night.

You picked up the card and examined it. You were always looking for ways to make the world a better place, no matter what it was. What harm could calling Dmitri do?

You called the number on the card and listened as it rang. "Hello?" you heard Dmitri's voice ask. "Hi, this is Y/F/N, we met yesterday at the museum," you began, and he said, "Ah, yes, the skilled cop who saved our lives. Did you think about the offer?"

You took in a slight breath, and said, "Yes, actually, I was wondering if there was any way that I could see what your company was like. I am interested in the offer, but I just want to see who exactly I would be working for." You could almost see the smile on Dmitri's face as he said, "I'm glad you are interested, and yes I can show you around the organization today if you are free."

You thought about it for a moment. You had work today, but this was your chance to really make a difference in the world. "Yeah, I'm free," you told Dmitri. "Great, well then, I'll text you the address, and meet you there. Then I will take you to the base," Dmitri told you. "Alright, see you then," you replied, then hung up the phone.

Your next phone call was to your boss to tell him that you were calling in sick. You changed into some jeans a F/C shirt, along with some comfortable, but stylish tennis shoes. You brushed through your hair once more and then looked at your phone.

Dmitri had texted you the address, and you started driving there. It was a twenty-minute drive to the spot, and each minute was spent listening to your favorite music and singing along. When you got to the spot you saw that it was pretty desolate.

There weren't any buildings around and the only other person there was Dmitri. "Hello," you said as you approached Dmitri. "Hi, ready to go?" Dmitri asked. You nodded your head and got in the car. "So what exactly do you guys do at Hydra?" you asked him as he began driving.

"You can ask all of your questions when you meet the boss, Johann Schmidt. I'm sure he has better answers than I do," Dmitri said with a smile. You arrived at the Hydra base a little while later and took note that the building was a bit large.

You and Dmitri walked in and were immediately greeted with guards. "Who is she Dmitri?" one of the guards asked, motioning towards you. "New recruit, well worth the while," Dmitri said with a wink towards you.

The guards let you pass but not before one of them said, "The boss will want to see you and the girl right away." Dmitri nodded, agreeing with the guard, and then took you to the boss. You walked through many hallways and noticed that the members of Hydra always traveled in a group and marched the same way they would in a military base.

They all had the same outfits, and they kind of reminded you of what the Nazis looked like when they worked for Hitler. You shook the thought out of your head, telling yourself that you were jumping to conclusions and this organization was probably an amazing group.

You finally got to a large door with a big red octopus-looking thing painted on the door. "Don't worry, it's just our mascot," Dmitri joked. You laughed slightly, and Dmitri opened the door. You walked in and immediately heard a man talking to someone he called "Doctor."

You looked around the room and noticed that it was a large lab with what appeared to be weaponry all around. "Who have you brought to me, Artemis?" Johann Schmidt, the boss, asked. "This is Y/N Y/L/N, she is interested in joining us here at Hydra.

Johann looked at you and skimmed you over with his eyes. "Any skills?" he asked. "She took down five gunmen. Two of them with one bullet each, and the other three with her bare hands, and each of them had machine guns," Dmitri said.

Schmidt raised one eyebrow and looked at you. "Well, I'm glad you have decided to join us here at Hydra. We actually have just recovered a new, and powerful artifact that will change the world. I could take you to it if you'd like," Schmidt told you. "I'd love that, thank you," you replied, and you and Dmitri followed Johann into a somewhat secret room. There was a glass box with a blue, glowing cube in it. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Johann asked.

"Yes, what is it?" you asked. "It's called the tesseract and it's an energy form with extreme power," he responded. One of the agents came into the room all of a sudden and said, "Sir, we need you right away."

Johann nodded and said, "Well Y/N it was very nice to meet you, and as a new member of Hydra you will be expected to stay here, so Dmitri will show you your room." You gave a polite smile to Johann and thanked him before he left.

"Your room will be right over here," Dmitri said as he led you down a couple of hallways. "So I have to stay here?" you asked. Dmitri nodded his head. "What about my apartment? What about my stuff?" you questioned.

"Tomorrow we can go pick up your things, and we will negotiate a termination of your lease," Dmitri told you with a small smile. "Okay," you replied. "You should get some sleep tomorrow will be a long day," Dmitri told you, and you nodded, agreeing, and falling fast asleep.