{5}

You woke up after a well-rested sleep the next morning. You rolled out of the bed and walked into the bathroom. You took a nice, long, hot shower, and when you got out you wrapped your hair in one towel and your body in another one.

You walked out into the main room and opened one of the drawers of the dresser. You found another SHIELD outfit and put it on. You walked back into the bathroom and looked through the drawers in the cabinets underneath the sink.

You found a blow dryer and a brush there and used them to dry your hair. When your hair was dry, you brushed through it and pulled it back into a high ponytail. You put on your combat boots, and then looked over yourself once more.

Then, you walked out of your room and down a corridor. The corridor led to the laboratory, and you saw Fury, Dr. Selvig, and Clint there working with other agents. You noticed that the tesseract was still there, but it wasn't glowing anymore, as if someone turned it off.

You walked up to Fury with a smile and said, "Good morning, Director Fury. How are you today?" "Good and how are you Agent Y/L/N?" "Good," you replied. You noted that there were light bags under Fury's eyes, meaning he didn't get much rest if any at all.

You walked up to Dr. Selvig and noticed he also had bags under his eyes. Some of the agents must have stayed up testing out the tesseract. "Hello Dr. Selvig, we haven't properly met, I'm Y/N," you said.

"Oh hello, I'm Erik Selvig one of the scientists working with the SHIELD agency," he replied. You gave him a small smile and asked, "So, what all have you been doing with the tesseract so far? I can tell it has been a long night for the agents in this room."

He let out a small sigh and nodded his head. "Yes, well, we haven't been able to do very much since we haven't had the tesseract for long, but we have done a few tests to know how to properly use it, and we discovered that it is an energy source," Selvig told you.

You nodded your head, understanding, and then Nick came over. "Agent Y/L/N, can I please speak with you for a moment?" Fury asked. You nodded your head and followed Nick up to the large office you had first met him in.

"Is there something wrong, sir?" you asked, slightly confused. "No, no, of course not, I just figured since you were going to be an Agent of SHIELD, you would need this," he said, giving you an Agent of SHIELD badge.

You smiled at Nick as you took the badge from him. You examined it with pride and then thanked Nick. "You're welcome, Y/N. Now you are officially a member of SHIELD," Fury told you.

You smiled largely, and there was a moment of silence. You were about to say something when a loud alarm went off. You and Nick both rushed to go downstairs to the lab. "Dr. Selvig, what's going on?" Nick asked.

"It's the tesseract, sir, it's acting up," Dr. Selvig stated. "Did you turn it off?" Fury questioned. "It's an energy source. We turn it off, it turns itself back on," Erik answered. "Where's Barton?" Nick asked. "Up in the nest," Selvig said, motioning towards the roof.

You looked up and saw Clint there, watching everything that was happening from the ceiling. He slid down a rope and approached you and Fury. Then all of a sudden there was a huge burst of blue light. Everyone looked at the tesseract, and someone emerged from it.

It was a tall man with black hair and blue eyes, wearing clothes that looked to be out of this world. He was also carrying a scepter and waltzed right into the lab from the tesseract. "Sir, please put the scepter down," Nick said.

The man looked at his scepter and then threw some sort of light burst from it that almost hit Fury. Everyone got down and started to attack the man. He took care of them easily, even Clint.

You stayed with Nick while everyone fought, waiting for Nick to give you direction. Then, the man said, "I am Loki, of Asgard." "Loki, Thor's brother?" Selvig asked. Loki then started using his scepter to mind control the agents that he had taken out so that they were on his side. He even turned Selvig.

You glanced at Nick, and during the time that Loki was fighting the agents, Loki had dropped the tesseract. Fury put the tesseract into a case and started to walk away from the scene.

You were about to follow him when Loki said, "Please, don't, I still need that." You looked at Loki and he was glaring at you and Nick. You watched as the two of them had a conversation.

"Sir, Fury is stalling. The base is going to collapse. He means to bury us," Clint told Loki. Loki sighed and motioned for Clint to do something, and Clint shot you and Fury. He shot Fury in the shoulder and you in the side. Luckily, the bullet barely grazed you.

Loki and his troop of turned agents left with the tesseract, and Fury stood up and helped you up. "Are you okay?" Nick asked. You nodded your head and Fury said, "We have to get out of here."

You agreed and started running. Fury pulled out his walkie-talkie and said, "Barton's been compromised." You and Nick ran and got into a helicopter. You went up and tried to shoot the car that Loki was riding on, but Loki blasted the helicopter with his scepter, and it went down.

Fury grabbed your arm and jumped out of the helicopter pulling you with him. You hit the grass that was beneath you and tried to shoot the car, but it sped away. You sighed and watched as the base continued to blow up.

"Does anyone copy?" Fury asked, seeing if anyone had made it out beside you and the agents who were now on Loki's side. You only heard two voices, Agent Maria Hill, and a guy named Agent Phil Coulson.