Chapter Fifty-Eight

The First War of Vivelle goes by many names. The First War, the Great War and The Only War are some of the few. It spanned for a total of three hundred and fifty-seven years before Visara put an end to it. Not much, apart from the creation of our world, is known about the time before that Great War started. There isn't even a lot of information during the time of the First War. What we do know is that for all those years, every race in Vivelle, or the Bloodlands as it was known before the great kingdom of Vivelle was formed, fought with each other over everything. We also know that the number of deaths was far too high to even try and put a number on them.

Visara saved us all and brought us peace. Without her, none of us would be here today.

It was from then, that it was decided that the years should start again. Each new year is celebrated on the date that Visara took to the throne. It was also a way of counting how many years Vivelle has been a kingdom.

It is now the year 1427. 1427 years since Visara united the lands and began the Dulavelle reign. Visara herself had many names. Though the most common term used for her is the First Queen. Hence why the Dulavelle descendants are known as the First Blood. That and the fact, that even now they still have the blood of a God running through their veins.

It is no secret that the Dulavelle's have been known to wed relatives in order to try and keep the blood as pure as possible. It is theorised that Visara's own children had children together, despite being married to other people. Though that is only speculation. Throughout the years since, a Dulavelle marrying from a family that has ties back to the Dulavelle's has been common. King Matthias himself is a very distant relative of the Dulavelle's. The Baylon house was one of the first close houses to the crown.  A spot now taken by the Drake family.

Lord Kristoff Drake, who has been chosen to marry the Queen Victorious, shares the same great grandfather as the Princesses. King Yuri. Some argue that the amount of incestuous relationships is what caused the Mad Queen to go mad. Not the gift at all, but a birth defect.

Perhaps that is the case and madness could form in the minds of any Dulavelle.

Or perhaps it was the Gift as we are so commonly told.

~History of the Dulavelle family. Written by Scholar Laurian Hedfor, the Royal Historian.

We all sit down at one of the large tables. Nianzu shares what he found.

"Odelia was right. The place is a maze and it is full of hundreds upon hundreds of workers," he tells us. I frown and look at Wyatt. He told me there was good news.

"However," Nianzu continues and I look up. "I managed to find the office of the Mine's commander. That is where I got this," he pulls a large scroll from his coat and throws it down on the table. Odelia opens it and my eyes widen.

"Is that a map of the mine?" I ask. He nods his head.

"It seems that in order to track their progress and to keep a record of what was found where. Every time there is a new passage or section dug, this is updated." I lean back in my chair and smile. This is going to be so helpful.

"How were you able to even git in undetected?" Odelia asks with wonder. Nianzu just smiles but doesn't say anything. She looks at me. "You have some serious hardcore members on your team princess, I'm impressed," she smiles. Since the Waterfolk rescue was successful, Odelia has been much more welcoming and open toward us. Especially as they managed to get a lot of riches from the raid too which has already been sold off and the money given to those who really need it.