Chapter Eighty: Three Years Ago

The next species to enter the Throne Room after Queen Visara's Coronation, were the Lupine. They walked down the aisle of her human peers with strength and power. As soon as they entered, everyone took a step back for their huge forms were both spectacular and intimidating. That and the giant Kintara wolves that they either rode upon or walked beside. They were an image of undefeated and pure power.

The Solavar bowed down to the new queen, taking her hand with softly and giving it a small kiss.

"My Queen," he began, his accent heavy and thick as he spoke the common tongue. "The Lupine are honoured to have stood and fought by your side. To be instrumental in the building of a better, more accepting and peaceful world. We know that with you as our leader, Vivelle shall not fall into chaos again. That you will rule with the strength of a Solavar. Undefeatable, fair and powerful." The lupine cheered their victorious ring singing throughout the hall. "As a show of our loyalty, we will give you a gift." He took her wrist and with a knife, cut his skin. With his blood, he made a band around her wrist.

"The Lupine gift to you our strength, our speed, our heightened senses of smell, vision and hearing.  We also gift to you the ability to bond with a Kintara wolf. This wolf will be a part of your soul. Your companion and truest friend."

He muttered the words of the spell and the spell was complete. Visara had another power to wield.

~The History of Visara.

Three Years Ago:

As I go to bed, I hear a scratching on the door. I rush to open it, already sensing the presence behind it. The little grey blur darts in the slightly open crack and bounces around my ankles. Closing the door, I laugh with joy.

"Razan," I chuckle and scoop him off the floor. He licks my face and wiggles in my arms. He wiggles so much, that I almost drop him.

"Careful, little pup," I grin as I let him go and sit on my bed. He jumps up into my lap and I run my hands around his head, lifting it up so I can give him a little kiss on the tip of his nose. He licks me right back and I close my eyes with a sigh. My hands run across his soft fur as he snuggles into my warmth. Though, being a pup still, he doesn't stay still for very long. He jumps off my bed and begins to yelp as he rushes around my room, wanting to play. With a sigh, I realise that he needs to use a lot more energy up before he will settle.

"Come on, pup," I grin. "Let's go and explore the gardens." He yelps excitedly. "But we have to be quiet, understand?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. He sits and looks up at me with his tongue hanging out and his head tilted to the side. One ear up and one down. I can't help but laugh and reach down to stroke him again. I grab my cloak and open my door. He races out in front of me and leads me to the gardens. Clever pup. I wonder how this bond works. Already, I feel a connection to Razan. He knows where I want him to go and he knows he needs to be quiet. When I am sad or in pain, he shows up to comfort me. Razan seems to understand everything about me. As I watch him run into the gardens, I can sense his joy. How happy he is to get out of the dingy castle and into the cool night air where he can smell and run around the earth and flowers.

The pup darts around a corner and out of my site.

"Razan," I whisper and run after him. I rush around the corner and find him sitting, waiting for me. I walk toward him slowly, but when I get close he runs off. I raise an eyebrow, sensing his challenge.

"You want to play," I grin and rush after him. He barks with excitement as I begin the chase. I can't help but laugh myself as we dart around the fancy flower beds and hedges that make up the castle gardens. Razan is much faster and agile than me. The little shit taunts me, allowing me to get close before darting out of my grasp with an excited yap. I am racing down one of the straight paths and catching up when he darts off across one of the flower beds. I gasp, my eyes widening as a laugh leaves my mouth.